What would you do??

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mudbathin

What would you do??

Post by mudbathin »

I'm shooting.
Officers said the suspects admitted they were "pranking" people by pretending to attack one another with the axe and threatening nearby citizens while videotaping the incident. The axe, located by police, was determined to be a realistic-looking fake.
http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-county/ ... k_end.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArmedAviator

Re: What would you do??

Post by ArmedAviator »

I concur.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Cloudwraith
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cloudwraith »

If he is charging or threatening me or my family and I/we have no way of getting away safely, I'm definitely drawing. Whether I shoot or not depends on whether he continues the attack. Most likely if it is a prank or some kid with a play weapon the first sight of a firearm and they are pulling back or yelling "don't shoot, it's just a prank/fake/stupid decision on my part".

Honestly, unless you're really practiced at drawing from concealed I'm not sure there is time to draw if they are that close or surprise you. If there isn't much time to react or it is close quarters I may step into the attack or go for a tackle. A big heavy weapon like that takes some time to swing if it is real.

If you see the guy a ways off or your situational awareness gives you plenty of warning, what are you still doing there? Get out, call the police.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
mudbathin

Post by mudbathin »

On the news this morning, they quoted the man as saying he was bent over changing a car tire, when he heard the wife scream, and saw the man charging her. I'm dropping him.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mudbathin wrote:On the news this morning, they quoted the man as saying he was bent over changing a car tire, when he heard the wife scream, and saw the man charging her. I'm dropping him.
Under those circumstances it would likely be a case of "play stupid games, win expensive bullets".
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

I agree with CloudWraith.

I bet if the idiots were drawn on, they'd think twice about doing stuff like this.

Does Oregon recognize the right of citizens to carry weapons?
To me, it seems like stuff like this is more likely to happen in a place where civilian gun possession is less popular.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Crusader wrote:Does Oregon recognize the right of citizens to carry weapons?
To me, it seems like stuff like this is more likely to happen in a place where civilian gun possession is less popular.
Yeah Oregon is carry-friendly. But they no doubt have plenty of gun-dreading libs in their big cities, like most other states.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

Reload