Guy With Empty Holster..???

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Guy With Empty Holster..???

Post by CroManGun »

noname wrote:LOL..This guy was most surely no Police Officer. If so, would have also been my 1st time seeing an officer with arms full of low budget/cheap jail like tattoos along with tattoos on the face and neck.

That might be true of the baby-boomer cops. The new crop is no stranger to ink. I've seen everything but webs on the elbows and teardrops on some of the young'uns.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

CroManGun wrote:That might be true of the baby-boomer cops. The new crop is no stranger to ink. I've seen everything but webs on the elbows and teardrops on some of the young'uns.
I would certainly hope that any aspiring LEO would understand the meaning of those particular tattoos and would refrain from acquiring them even if they qualified...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
budman70

Post by budman70 »

My holster is only empty at a gun show. I carry a Kel Tec 380 almost every where. Even some places with signs. LOL
It's well concealed. :)
Chu Lai 67-68
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

budman70 wrote:My holster is only empty at a gun show. I carry a Kel Tec 380 almost every where. Even some places with signs. LOL
:roll:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
XDSC9G30

Post by XDSC9G30 »

budman70 wrote:My holster is only empty at a gun show. I carry a Kel Tec 380 almost every where. Even some places with signs. LOL

I'll elaborate slightly on the eye rolling of pirateguy.

You just admitted to committing a crime with a firearm. It is very very easy for a LE agency to track who you are using your computer footprint. This is not something most of us want to be associated with, most of us believe and statistically are proven to be law abiding citizens not common criminals.

Also may have to do with the dead thread revival.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

JustaShooter wrote:
CroManGun wrote:That might be true of the baby-boomer cops. The new crop is no stranger to ink. I've seen everything but webs on the elbows and teardrops on some of the young'uns.
I would certainly hope that any aspiring LEO would understand the meaning of those particular tattoos and would refrain from acquiring them even if they qualified...
At risk of assisting in the necrothread revival, what do the webs on elbows signify? I have seen a few dads in the maternity department with teardrops, and I gotta admit they make me a bit uneasy.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Tear drops used to signify units of time served. Now can be time or number of successful hits. Webs used to identify hard core or wanna be bikers.

Now that the "Let's Have Fun" crowd have discovered tatts, its anybody's guess.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Mustang380gal wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
At risk of assisting in the necrothread revival, what do the webs on elbows signify? I have seen a few dads in the maternity department with teardrops, and I gotta admit they make me a bit uneasy.
Teardrop on the face signifies that the wearer has murdered someone, number of teardrops equals the number of hits. Can also mean time spent in prison.

Spider web on the elbow can mean several things, as I understand it, it originally meant that the person has killed an enemy, especially if the enemy was killed in prison.

Many of these meanings vary by region or country, making it even more difficult to discern. And of course, anyone can get any tattoo muddying the waters even more.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Scoutmaster

Post by Scoutmaster »

For those wondering about tattoo meaning
shttp://likes.com/misc/prison-tattoos-and-their-secret-meanings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As u can tell it depends.
I would personally love to spend another 30 replies educating you about the racist history of gun control, what an assault weapon is, the finer points of the law, or the varying lethality of different weapons. But I doubt you're interested. For some reason the statist side of this argument seems to think ignorance is strength. RookCastle
Each positive interaction helps to create a new normal. Tweed Ring
Cause of death: terminal failure of the victim selection process. Bobk
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Tatoos on your neck mean you're an idiot.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
XDSC9G30

Post by XDSC9G30 »

BEAR! wrote:Tatoos on your neck mean you're an idiot.
Stereotyping people, or judging someone based on one choice in their life that harmed noone else. Not exactly the best option.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I do volunteer work with ex-offenders. One of them was tattooed from scalp to fingertips, to toes, full body tatts, including his face. One remarkable tatt on his facial cheek was a large depiction of Adolph Hitler.

If memory serves, his chosen profession was armed robbery, at which he was a clear failure. He said society would not give him a break; I said he should look for work as either a welder or a surgeon. I also suggested he not apply for any position in Bexley, Ohio.

I immediately stereotyped him... loser. Sometimes stereotypes fit the person.
rolltide92

Post by rolltide92 »

Man did this guy sound stupid.

Most of the time i have seen empty holsters it is when someone is in a place they cant have their gun like the post office.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You can't have a gun in the PO ? :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

XDSC9G30 wrote:
BEAR! wrote:Tatoos on your neck mean you're an idiot.
Stereotyping people, or judging someone based on one choice in their life that harmed noone else. Not exactly the best option.
My opinion and for now its a semi-free country and I can hold that opinion on idiots.

Feel free to judge me as well. :wink:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/