incident at the bank

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

spioi

incident at the bank

Post by spioi »

I went into the bank to deposit a check and left my pistol in the car. I was in the bank a good 5 minutes and noticed a teller on her cell phone while I was doing my transaction. after I left they immediately locked the doors and I thought that was weird since they weren't closing. I went down the street to a restaurant when I saw a cop driving around the parking lot. he squelched his siren and got out of the car asking if I had a gun on me. I told him I did now. he said there were a bunch of cops at the bank I just left. apparently my shirt tucked behind my holster and was showing. when the teller saw it she called the cops....over an empty holster. the holster wasn't even in the shape of a pistol. it was a simple leather slip holster.
mreising

Re: incident at the bank

Post by mreising »

What bank was this? Seems like they panicked, I wouldn't want to continue to do business there.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Just once in such a situation I'd like to see the caller charged with making a false report, inducing panic, something. Even if they beat the rap they still should have to take the ride. Turnabout's fair play. Better would be to make the panicker PAY some sheckels for that "bank run" the cops needlessly made.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

spioi wrote: apparently my shirt tucked behind my holster and was showing.
How did your shirt do that on it's own?
The British are going! The British are going!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

muxtech wrote:
spioi wrote: apparently my shirt tucked behind my holster and was showing.
How did your shirt do that on it's own?
Stuff like that happens occasionally while getting out of the car. Well, it happens to me anyhow. Maybe your vehicle exits are done with ballerina-like grace every time. :mrgreen:

********************************************************************************
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

The teller is a member of PETA and didn't like you using leather for clothing. Good thing she didn't look at your dress shoes or belt! :shock:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I'd send a letter to the bank asking why you should continue to do business with them and how they were planning to compensate you for your embarrassment and potential danger of an unjustified police encounter.

If you want to get even better results, slip a lawyer a few bucks to send the letter under his letterhead.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
A_F

Post by A_F »

Brian D. wrote:Just once in such a situation I'd like to see the caller charged with making a false report, inducing panic, something. Even if they beat the rap they still should have to take the ride. Turnabout's fair play. Better would be to make the panicker PAY some sheckels for that "bank run" the cops needlessly made.
Where've you been? A guy in a bank started a panic over a fellow,customer with a gun and he was charged with inducing panic. I think it was even posted here.

So there's your "just once" . That was fast, eh?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I said I'd like to see such an arrest oocur, reading about it on the computer doesn't quite satisfy me! :lol:

JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Brian D. wrote:Just once in such a situation I'd like to see the caller charged with making a false report, inducing panic, something. Even if they beat the rap they still should have to take the ride. Turnabout's fair play. Better would be to make the panicker PAY some sheckels for that "bank run" the cops needlessly made.
While I would normally agree there, I think it would lead to alot less police calls. People would start thinking, well, is that man dressed in all black with a black hoodie carrying a bat taking a jog with a bad, coming home from a baseball game, or getting ready to break into someone's house. Then what do you charge gone on arrivals with?

I understand where you are coming from and part of me agrees, I just feel it would greatly backfire because we'd have more of the "nobody saw anything" that we see in Cincinnati and other major cities. 200 people in a club and someone shot at the main entrance and not a single person saw the shooter or saw anyone run from the scene?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
A_F

Post by A_F »

Brian D. wrote:I said I'd like to see such an arrest oocur, reading about it on the computer doesn't quite satisfy me! :lol:
Lol I can agree with that
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

Is your bank a CPZ? Did you remove the gun specifically to go inside the bank?
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Look at the specifics that spioi described, Jedi. Some teller called the cops because she saw an empty holster. Come on, how much stupid are we expected to put up with every dang day?

We've had a few people over the years ring up 911 on several occasions for my fire department to come because of "seeing smoke" across the street, where it turned out to be steam from the dryer vent. Yes, I'm telling you that Mrs. Jane Doe at 123 Elm Street, and others, made that same mistake on more than one occasion. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Pure stupid.

Although with the empty holster panic thing that might be some mental disorder such as hoplophobia mixed in with the stupid.

spioi

Post by spioi »

the teller that called was talking to another employee and I heard her say "I'm on the phone with them now". I was completing a transaction and joking with the teller that was assisting me. I was unaware of the teller next to her on her cell with the cops. I was even greeted by the branch manager at the door and said goodbye as I left. it was a pnc branch.
mreising

Post by mreising »

I would write a letter as Deanimator suggested or at the least speak with the manager. There should have been no reason for them to call the police unless you were acting in a threatening or suspicious manner. You weren't wearing a hat or sunglasses, were you? I've never had an issue at a PNC bank.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.