Lake County Applicant Experience (WAS: CCW license. FYI)

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Glenn

Lake County Applicant Experience (WAS: CCW license. FYI)

Post by Glenn »

Hi to all. This is my first post and I wanted to share some good news about my dealings with the Lake County Sheriff's Dept. I received my CCW in May of 04 from the Ashtabula Sheriff Office because I had heard some unfavorable things about the Lake County Sheriff. On Saturday (9/24/05) my wife applied for her CCW through Lake County Sheriff's Office and she received it on Tuesday (9/27/05) and it was possibly ready the day before. Deputy Raurbaugh couldn't have been more accomodating and professional. The whole operation went smooth as glass. Just wanted to pass this good experience along to all.
Thanks for listening. Glenn
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: CCW license. FYI

Post by Petrovich »

Glenn wrote:Hi to all. This is my first post and I wanted to share some good news about my dealings with the Lake County Sheriff's Dept. I received my CCW in May of 04 from the Ashtabula Sheriff Office because I had heard some unfavorable things about the Lake County Sheriff. On Saturday (9/24/05) my wife applied for her CCW through Lake County Sheriff's Office and she received it on Tuesday (9/27/05) and it was possibly ready the day before. Deputy Raurbaugh couldn't have been more accomodating and professional. The whole operation went smooth as glass. Just wanted to pass this good experience along to all.
Thanks for listening. Glenn
Overall I think most sheriffs went out of their way.

Here in Muskingum county Sheriff Bob Stepenson assigned one of his guys...Major Hoover, to oversee and coordinate the affair. The department hosted several public meetings prior to the law coming into effect.

Sheriff Stephenson and the department here in Muskingum County are first class all the way.
OHHKGuy

Post by OHHKGuy »

I live in Lake County and got my CCW throught Ashtabula...But I got mine in May, 2004. At that point, the Sheriff Dan had really reswtriced hours, only taking one applicant per hour...you couldn;t make an appointment, you just had to be one of the lucky eight per day.

Since I don't have a lot of time to waste sitting in line, I went to Ashtabula.

I am, however glad to hear that Lake county is getting better. I'll probably renew mine there.

OHHK