CPD encounter today

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgi1020

CPD encounter today

Post by jgi1020 »

I was stopped at a railroad crossing this morning on Flynt Rd in Worthington. There was a CPD officer there, officer Boyd, and after 10 minutes of the gates down and no train he approached my car. I notified I had a conceal and carry permit and was armed, he stopped, looked at me and extended his hand to shake mine and thanked me for notifying him. He said, "You wouldn't believe how many people have their permits and forget to notify, thank you very much." He then informed me the train was broken down and couldn't allow me to pass and I would be better off turning around.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: CPD encounter today

Post by Javelin Man »

Good encounter. You shoulda asked him his opinion of having the notification go buh-bye.

BTW, you probably didn't have to notify in this case. Another reason for notification to disappear.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

CPD...

Canton PD?
Cincinnati PD?
Cleveland PD?
a multitude of other Cxxxx PD's...

... Yet ANOTHER reason to have at least a general location posted in your bio...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Looking like Columbus?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Columbus PD.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

jgi1020 wrote:...I notified I had a conceal and carry permit and was armed, he stopped, looked at me and extended his hand to shake mine and thanked me for notifying him...
Not digging at you, but in general the uninformed media call it a "conceal and carry permit". In Ohio it's a "License to Carry a Concealed Handgun", "concealed handgun license" or "CHL" for short.

Everybody knows what you mean, but there's no sense sounding like a member of the clueless media! :D :D
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

BB62 wrote:
jgi1020 wrote:...I notified I had a conceal and carry permit and was armed, he stopped, looked at me and extended his hand to shake mine and thanked me for notifying him...
Not digging at you, but in general the uninformed media call it a "conceal and carry permit". In Ohio it's a "License to Carry a Concealed Handgun", "concealed handgun license" or "CHL" for short.

Everybody knows what you mean, but there's no sense sounding like a member of the clueless media! :D :D
Listening to the scanner, I usually hear Columbus PD dispatch and officers say CCW when referring to it.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Stryker74 wrote:
BB62 wrote:

Listening to the scanner, I usually hear Columbus PD dispatch and officers say CCW when referring to it.
CCW is the old police term for Carrying Concealed Weapon. Usually a crime back when!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Over the years, I have decided I know what the terms mean, no matter how they are applied. My running buddy constantly refers to my revolver as a "barrel gun."

If I have a question, I ask for clarification. Not a big deal to me.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Tweed Ring wrote:Over the years, I have decided I know what the terms mean, no matter how they are applied. My running buddy constantly refers to my revolver as a "barrel gun."
Although she knows the proper term, my wife still calls them "cowboy guns."
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Werz wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:Over the years, I have decided I know what the terms mean, no matter how they are applied. My running buddy constantly refers to my revolver as a "barrel gun."

He was a cop in Florida for some years, and swears that's the official term for a revolver at the metro PD whereat he was employed.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

Tweed Ring wrote:
Werz wrote:

He was a cop in Florida for some years, and swears that's the official term for a revolver at the metro PD whereat he was employed.
I can remember hearing revolvers referred as that when I was a young kid by the local PD, the movies and radio.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I know a guy who's got a permit to ccw his barrel gun.

/runs far away from tweed. :lol:
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

How many bullets fit in the clip of his cowboy gun? And is the gun registered? And how many guns does he have in his arsenal?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

wkdravenna wrote:I know a guy who's got a permit to ccw his barrel gun.

/runs far away from tweed. :lol:
I have learned to live with the phrase. He used to ask me if I was carrying. Now, he just tap my pocket to see if I was so engaged.

No need to ever run from me. As I once told my friend Morne, many years ago, "...stick out your hand and introduce yourself." I'm as friendly as a Boxer pup, as open as a public library, as clean as the driven snow, as sensitive as a newly-born fawn... but, my nickname, on both my previous jobs, was "The Bear." Go figure.