Sign the Geauge Cty. Humane Society

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OHHKGuy

Sign the Geauge Cty. Humane Society

Post by OHHKGuy »

The sign they have isn't very conpsicuious.

Question: In order to comply with the law, isn't the sign supposed to have a certain format?

So my search for a Basset Hound goes on!
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

What you gonna hunt with that hound when you find it :?: :wink:
Freedom isn't free!
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Sign the Geauge Cty. Humane Society

Post by jgarvas »

OHHKGuy wrote:The sign they have isn't very conpsicuious.

Question: In order to comply with the law, isn't the sign supposed to have a certain format?
No. Infact, what you should do is submit them to the DNPWA on our website and not tell anyone. Here is why:

If nobody else sees it, those people are not violating it by missing it. There is no standard sign in Ohio except for the mandated government properties. The signs need to be conspicuous, and the licensee needs to be "knowingly" in violation of the sign.

(in otherwords, don't tell people if you find a "no guns" sign that is practically invisible, but submit it to the DNPWA)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Ursus americanus
*** Banned ***

Re: Sign the Geauge Cty. Humane Society

Post by Ursus americanus »

jgarvas wrote:No. Infact, what you should do is submit them to the DNPWA on our website and not tell anyone. Here is why:

If nobody else sees it, those people are not violating it by missing it. There is no standard sign in Ohio except for the mandated government properties. The signs need to be conspicuous, and the licensee needs to be "knowingly" in violation of the sign.
Unless the Geauga County Humane Society is sponsored by tax dollars and their building happens to be a "government" building. Then they would be in violation if they enter.
OHHKGuy

Post by OHHKGuy »

Red: I'm not too sure...most of the time Bassets are used by the Frogs and the Brits as a pack hunter (foxes and such)...their short legs make it hard for them to move too fast.

Jeff: Thanks for the tip...will do.

Bear: Not sure if they are...But I think Humane Society's are privately funded.
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

OHHKGuy,

one of the best all around huntin' dogs I ever had the good fortune to walk the field with, was a basset/beagle mix. It ran rabbits like a champ, treed squirrels, and tracked pheasants till they flushed! It tracked down critters RELENTLESSLY :!: We never lost a wounded animal with Betsy on the ground.

Obedience train the dog, then find out what it can do for you.

Basset's run much slower than beagles, and it's easy for kids to keep up with them while rabbit huntin' :wink: Makes it an enjoyable hunt for the youngsters!

Right now I hunt with a GSP that is a bone head. But she did manage to find two geese for me already this year that went down in bean fields during the early goose hunt!

She'll earn her dog food before this season is over 8)
Freedom isn't free!
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Redhorse wrote:OHHKGuy,

one of the best all around huntin' dogs I ever had the good fortune to walk the field with, was a basset/beagle mix. It ran rabbits like a champ, treed squirrels, and tracked pheasants till they flushed! It tracked down critters RELENTLESSLY :!: We never lost a wounded animal with Betsy on the ground.

Obedience train the dog, then find out what it can do for you.

Basset's run much slower than beagles, and it's easy for kids to keep up with them while rabbit huntin' :wink: Makes it an enjoyable hunt for the youngsters!

Right now I hunt with a GSP that is a bone head. But she did manage to find two geese for me already this year that went down in bean fields during the early goose hunt!

She'll earn her dog food before this season is over 8)
If there is one thing I have learned about 'bird' dogs is that they have 'bird' brains as well. Man, I wouldn't have another one on a bet.

I'm glad you have a good one....I never had much luck.

My current pooch is an Australian Cattle dog. He's a handful, but at least he minds. He's only a year old so he's still just a baby...he's getting better. My biggest problem with him are his manners....he doesn't have any.

On the plus side...he doesn't run off. He stays right with me...in fact, I can't shake him off, he's like a flea.
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

Gem is well trained in obedience. She is a highly trainable dog! Her biggest failings result from having me as an owner and trainer!!! In this hectic world we live in, it becoms harder and harder to devote the time necessary to keeping a good bird dog tuned up. Doesn't help that Ohio is really not doing much to help our failing bird populations! :cry:
Freedom isn't free!