Not allowed to leave store

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

noname

Re: Not allowed to leave store

Post by noname »

djthomas wrote:
noname wrote:By the way, strange how so many OC posts here turn into debates on OC vs CC. Kinda funny and never ending.
Well this is a board where most people stick to CC and get through their days without hassle. When someone comes along and laments a bad OC experience I think there's a certain element of "I told you so."

Yeah, I understand. I also think thats outright foolish childs play. All the OCers in OFCC, should possibly come over to some of the OC organizations and groups, if were just going to get that type of response. Its like the "i told you so" guys are like 50% 2nd amendment.. Just a bit bizarre. Get it though, it is ohioans for CONCEALED carry with the open carry section not even made public.

Personally, like anything...eat the meat and throw away the bones.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
mdad

Post by mdad »

WKDREVENNA is correct, a few months ago I served on a Jury and one of the charges was for kidnapping, In ohio, if you try to leave a building, or lets say you were locked in a room against you will and the other person stops you, That is Kidnapping
The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
Life Member NRA
Life Member North American Hunter
whoownsyou
Account Deactivated

Post by whoownsyou »

Tweed Ring wrote:173 million, at last count.
Not 173mil minus one or 173mil plus one? Worldwide? Does that include zip guns, parts, 3d printeds, et al? Is this count based on the assumption that every lost or stolen gun was always reported or an estimation based on the estimated rate of property loss? When was last count taken? Do we know every single location a projectile weapon is being assembled right now?
"If you can get the cows to attack each other whenever anybody brings up the reality of their situation, then you don't have to spend nearly as much controlling them directly." -Stefan Molyneux

"Most of what I do can be summed up by: I go around telling people that they should be free and they tell me, 'No, I shouldn't.'" -Larken Rose
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

whoownsyou wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:173 million, at last count.
Not 173mil minus one or 173mil plus one? Worldwide? Does that include zip guns, parts, 3d printeds, et al? Is this count based on the assumption that every lost or stolen gun was always reported or an estimation based on the estimated rate of property loss? When was last count taken? Do we know every single location a projectile weapon is being assembled right now?
In a word: No; no; yes; never; yesterday; nope.
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

whoownsyou wrote:Yes, but amid an entire nation contemplating calling us all criminals for owning guns, it's not beneficial to be divisive among ourselves. Saying to the rape victim, "Well, you shouldn't have had on a short skirt," is deplorable. Let us save our scorn for those who would actually harm or try to control other human beings, not emulate them.
+1 :)
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Some people on here just make me sick. Im referring to the "anti-OC" crowd. If you consider yourself amongst them, please add me to your blocked list, and I will kindly return the favor.
Poop!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

noname wrote:All the OCers in OFCC, should possibly come over to some of the OC organizations and groups, if were just going to get that type of response. Its like the "i told you so" guys are like 50% 2nd amendment...
I visit OpenCarry.org quite often, and I frequently try to shed a bit of light on "real world" consequences in a place not everyone is exactly in touch with reality. I have no problem with open carry; I do it frequently when the weather is warm. By the same token, I do not go out of my way to do it. Too many people in those forums are more interested in being obnoxious d-bags than they are in the Second Amendment. Given the current sociopolitical climate regarding firearms, we do not need to be perceived as obnoxious d-bags regardless of whether we are perceived as actually "dangerous."
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

whoownsyou wrote:Yes, but amid an entire nation contemplating calling us all criminals for owning guns, it's not beneficial to be divisive among ourselves.
I'm sure it's comforting to you to believe that you're right about everything, but the fact that some people disagree with you on what constitutes good judgment is not, per se, divisive.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
noname

Post by noname »

Werz wrote:
noname wrote:All the OCers in OFCC, should possibly come over to some of the OC organizations and groups, if were just going to get that type of response. Its like the "i told you so" guys are like 50% 2nd amendment...
I visit OpenCarry.org quite often, and I frequently try to shed a bit of light on "real world" consequences in a place not everyone is exactly in touch with reality. I have no problem with open carry; I do it frequently when the weather is warm. By the same token, I do not go out of my way to do it. Too many people in those forums are more interested in being obnoxious d-bags than they are in the Second Amendment. Given the current sociopolitical climate regarding firearms, we do not need to be perceived as obnoxious d-bags regardless of whether we are perceived as actually "dangerous."

I can absolutely agree with that brother. I see the same thing often times, which I HATE.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
whoownsyou
Account Deactivated

Post by whoownsyou »

Werz wrote:I'm sure it's comforting to you to believe that you're right about everything, but the fact that some people disagree with you on what constitutes good judgment is not, per se, divisive.
Such hostility! There's a difference between having a discussion (two-way street) and looking down upon somebody for doing something in a lawful manner that the observer wouldn't do. Additionally, in order to be a true discussion, with all the potential of mutual edification thereto, open carry being completely off the table cannot be in the mind of one. If it is, and their speech puts down their brother for doing so, THAT is divisive.

Ironically, being closed-minded is "believing that you're right about everything" more than an attempt at unification and engaging in a discussion on a matter.
"If you can get the cows to attack each other whenever anybody brings up the reality of their situation, then you don't have to spend nearly as much controlling them directly." -Stefan Molyneux

"Most of what I do can be summed up by: I go around telling people that they should be free and they tell me, 'No, I shouldn't.'" -Larken Rose
nckheinrich

Post by nckheinrich »

Tweed Ring wrote:In some of these neighborhoods live feral tribes. If they see your gun, and they want your gun, then they will simply take your gun from you. That gun will not protect anyone from the thug-life.
Thats why they invented the BUG. Only problem I have with small concealable guns is I tend to forget I have them rofl :(... I just recently walked into my college only to realize I was still carrying... a 2lb gun inside a 7lb heavy duty hunting jacket isnt that much more of a notice :oops:
Multiple firearms is not an arsenal... it's an investment.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:Some people on here just make me sick. Im referring to the "anti-OC" crowd. If you consider yourself amongst them, please add me to your blocked list, and I will kindly return the favor.
I'm not anti oc...I am however lacking in sympathy for the certain type of oc'er who oc's as a political expression and then winds up getting jacked up and then comes on The Interweb butthurt and crying about how the big mean cops treated them.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
dan dan the XD40 man

evan price wrote:
dan dan the XD40 man wrote:Some people on here just make me sick. Im referring to the "anti-OC" crowd. If you consider yourself amongst them, please add me to your blocked list, and I will kindly return the favor.
I'm not anti oc...I am however lacking in sympathy for the certain type of oc'er who oc's as a political expression and then winds up getting jacked up and then comes on The Interweb butthurt and crying about how the big mean cops treated them.

I think the fact that you use the term "butthurt" and "crying" speaks volumes...
Poop!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:
evan price wrote:
I think the fact that you use the term "butthurt" and "crying" speaks volumes...
Lawful open carry does not require guerrilla theatre. The only open carriers being criticized are the one who do it solely for that purpose.

And the butthurt expressed by some folks - every time those tactics are questioned - also speaks volumes ...
-- BobK
dan dan the XD40 man

Werz wrote: Lawful open carry does not require guerrilla theatre. The only open carriers being criticized are the one who do it solely for that purpose.

And the butthurt expressed by some folks - every time those tactics are questioned - also speaks volumes ...

There was no "guerrilla theater" in this thread. None. The OP started a thread relaying his story. Not being "butthurt". Not "crying" about it.

The only guerrilla theater in this thread exists solely in the minds of those who have an axe to grind with lawful open carry.

You know, those people who insist on interjecting "well, if you would have kept it covered..." in every thread regarding open carrier harassment.

And if nobody is accusing the OP of participating in guerrilla theater, then why even bring up things not relevant to the subject at hand?
Poop!