OSHP encounter near Wintersville

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

GT204

OSHP encounter near Wintersville

Post by GT204 »

I was riding with one of my friends when he got pulled over for speeding.
I told my friend I needed to inform the officer of my weapon.
After informing him I had a CCW and a firearm on my left hip he glances at it quickly and says "What do you have?" So we talked guns for a few minutes. He didn't even ask to see my permit. Then he let my friend go with a warning and thanked me for informing him quickly.
All in all very professional and plesant officer.
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

I have never encountered a OHP since I obtained my CCW but before my permit I encountered two, both times they where very professional and treated me well except for the speeding citations ;) my experiences have been great.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general the OSP "management" is likely to fall into line with the blue state people, mostly because they don't want to send "we are red" signals to the blissninnies should they regain power.

This is probably equally true of any major city PD and administration.

However, it's also likely that individual Troopers (or other LEO's), if politely treated, will return the effort. The Troopers seem to come from more rural areas, too.

Younger LEO's sometimes have an "I've got mine" attitude - I think it's from being indoctrinated in schools - but unless they're married to their boss' attitudes (IMHO, it takes about six weeks on the PD after training to get cured of that most of the time), it seems to go away.

My range buddy, another friend, and I were shooting the bull the other night outside of the range (we have to stop shooting at 2300, but sometimes just hang around for a bit) when a local PD kid showed up. He had a Glock because his boss insisted, and was very interested in 1911's & such. I think one of the guns in my range bag is older than he is.... IAC, he had no problems with two of us carrying. Technically not a "stop" and all that, but three old coots with guns didn't bother him at all.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
emt118

Post by emt118 »

I live in Wintersville and am glad to see this report all in all the troopers from post 41 are a great group of guys........