When I was taking the couse....

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Glock and dagger

When I was taking the couse....

Post by Glock and dagger »

I was among the first in hancock county to get a CHL. The Hancock Co. Sheriff, Mike Heldman was a very good guy, and told me that he has read letters to the editor in our local paper from me, and that he thinks I am right on.

My experience at the station was a good one.

However, it was during training that I had a grievous awakening. I was among a group of 14, all men. Two were old men, which I would have probably not let pass the class due to their poor shooting, or at least I would have worked with them a bit on it, because I would not want my name attached to someone who shot the wrong person due to ability, when I suspected a problem during training. Among the rest were many in their 40's, who I thought were decent men, especially, the former marine, who was a warhawk in his own right, and was a lot of fun to shoot with.

Now for the part that shocked me. One of them was a car dealer. the law was withing 3 weeks of being put into affect, and he was boasting to the rest of us how he had already picked up signs for his store to prohibit concealed carry in his business. A short while later, he let it spill out that he was paranoid of the rest of the population of Ohio having access to the same license he was applying for. I asked him for a business card, and he was going to give me one, and asked me if I was interested in a car. I responded that, no I was not, but when I am, I will not be going to his establishment, so he didn't give me a card. I told him that was fine, but if I see a sign posted anywhere, they won't get my business. I still don't know which one it was, but after that episode, he was shunned by the rest of us, and rightfully so.

Moral of the story. Some people are partially pro-gun, just so long as they have them and you don't. A CHL is not always a good character witness.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Sounds like this guy is related to Senator Feinstein. She has one of the 10 CCW permits in San Francisco County and owns a handgun that she uses for protection but she works tirelessly to take away all of our guns. Remember the "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in" interview?

These two people are totally of the hypocritical mindset of I can do or have this, but no one else. I am special and the rules for normal people don't apply to me like they do to mere commoners like you.

If I would have been this guy's instructor I would have given him back his money and politely told him to leave.
Last edited by Brian_Horton on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Brian_Horton wrote:Sounds like this guy is related to Senator Feinstein.

These two people are totally of the hypocritical mindset of I can do or have this, but no one else. I am special and the rules for normal people don't apply to me like they do to mere commoners like you.
Rights are for me, but not for thee....

Brian_Horton wrote:If would have been this guy's instructor I would have given him back his money and politely told him to leave.
Ding! Ding! You have won the cigar, sir!
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
MDM

Post by MDM »

:shock: You`re kidding!!!!!!!!!! Feinstein has a CCW permit. Is there anyway to verify this on the net?
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."
Glock and dagger

I guess this was common knowledge. But that is the honest-to-God truth.

-evan price

CMiddleton

People like Feinstein

Post by CMiddleton »

How do people like Feinstein ever get voted into office? That is just plain ridiculous. Hypocrites like that don't deserve respect or to share our air. This is the type of politician that I think of when I see the bumper sticker that reads, "Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants."

I have been more in tune with looking for the ghostbuster signs now that I am privy to the benefits of CCW. Unfortunately, alternatives aren't always available, and when they are, I wont hesitate to withhold my dollars from the anti-gun faction.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

MDM wrote::shock: You`re kidding!!!!!!!!!! Feinstein has a CCW permit. Is there anyway to verify this on the net?
This has been verified. Feinstein has even talked about it in interviews. She is one of 10 people in San Francisco county to have a CA permit. She got it and a .38spl revolver after she receieved some threats in the mail many years ago.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Glock and dagger

How do people like Feinstein ever get voted into office?
Simple. The people of Kalifonistan are among the stupidest people in our country, now. Someone offers them a simple solution, they jump on it. When the cure was worse than the sickness, they never notice. Why? Because the explanation of the effects of the "cure" are more than their feeble little minds can handle all at once.

Unlike Ohio, it would appear that about 40% of our population has had a frontal lobotomy, which is how we ended up with a Republikrat in our Governor's mansion AND two of them in our US Senate.

-evan price

SlickGlock

Post by SlickGlock »

Unlike Ohio, it would appear that about 40% of our population has had a frontal lobotomy, which is how we ended up with a Republikrat in our Governor's mansion AND two of them in our US Senate
Well, what options did we have during the last election? The other guy was worse, in my opinion, that the current gov. I think the problem in Ohio is that we don't have choices and have to choose between bad and worse.
CMiddleton

Lesser of two evils

Post by CMiddleton »

The lesser of two evils is not the way to be adequately represented in our government. The example that comes to mind is the South Park Election episode in which there was a vote between a giant douche, and [deleted -- TR].

It is a shame that no one has any decisivenss anymore, when both politicians are wooing the same exact crowd and agree on nearly everything, and then compromise their differences to tailer make them to the constituents, how in the world can we pick? It comes down to slinging mud, and that is a shame. I would rather vote for someone who tells me exactly how they feel, than someone who lies.

Politicians are the worst breed, we need men who have grown a pair, not more liars for hire.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Lesser of two evils

Post by TunnelRat »

CMiddleton wrote:The lesser of two evils is not the way to be adequately represented in our government. The example that comes to mind is the South Park Election episode in which there was a vote between a giant douche, and [deleted -- TR].
I hate crude language, but that sounds like a Toledo mayoral election -- the lesser of two weevils....
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
KAF

Post by KAF »

OMG, Carty going for it again.

I remeber at Maumee Valleu Gun Colletors show at the Rec center people taking signatures to out Carty. I could sign not being from Toledo, I didn't want to discredit the thing.
uperrsc

Re: When I was taking the couse....

Post by uperrsc »

Glock and dagger wrote:One of them was a car dealer. the law was withing 3 weeks of being put into affect, and he was boasting to the rest of us how he had already picked up signs for his store to prohibit concealed carry in his business. A short while later, he let it spill out that he was paranoid of the rest of the population of Ohio having access to the same license he was applying for..
I sure wish you had figured out who it was....... what a jerk.
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com
Glock and dagger

If I would have been this guy's instructor I would have given him back his money and politely told him to leave.
By the time my instructor knew, it was too late. He didn't appear to happy at what he inadvertently did.

-evan price

Glock and dagger

I sure wish you had figured out who it was....... what a jerk
I tried to, but I screwed up and told him the truth. I was at odds on what to do. Should I tell him "Yes", and lie to him (even though I did not owe him the truth), and in the meantime, make him believe that his conduct was acceptable or correct, or did I present him with a little show of his folly, and an example of defiance to him and his so-called "business".

I feel as though I failed the rest of you when I didn't get the card. I may not lose any sleep over it, because I firmly believe none of you will do business with him anyway, once you see the sign, and that is heartwarming, to tell the truth.

-evan price