Kames in North Canton

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bowhunter44615

Kames in North Canton

Post by Bowhunter44615 »

Does anyone know what happened at Kames on Saturday afternoon? I went in the store for about 40 minutes. When I came out the cops were towing a vehicle. There was word of a guy pulling a knife on someone, who then pulled a gun on the guy who had the knife. I heard someone say the gun guy was a regular customer. The cops were just leaving when I came out. Nothing was in the Canton Rep that I saw.
Brian D.

Re: Kames in North Canton

Post by Brian D. »

Can't wait to hear more. But the old adage about "bringing a knife to a gunfight" would have never become so popular if it hadn't actually happened several times. Heck it sounds like this was a case of bringing a knife to a gunstore, that raises the level of FAIL to EPIC as the kids say.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
stew47

Post by stew47 »

Lol now that is funny. Trying to rob someone at a gun store. Probably wont see anything in the rep. I certainly dont see reading a headline "permit holder saves self and possibly more innocent people!"
dregan1000

Post by dregan1000 »

The rep's been more pro-CHL than most other papers...
Specialization is for insects.
Bowhunter44615

Post by Bowhunter44615 »

It all happened in the parking lot. It could have been a road rage incident that ended up there. There was a group of bikers who were witnesses.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Any more info? I buy a few things from Kame's usually every trip I make to Canton
Come and get'em
Aodhfin

Post by Aodhfin »

Brian D. wrote:Heck it sounds like this was a case of bringing a knife to a gunstore, that raises the level of FAIL to EPIC as the kids say.
Have a story on that: About a year prior to me buying the gun store one of the previous owner's employee's (son actually) was held up by two men, one with a knife. It's all on video and is actually pretty sad to watch in a way. The employee normally wore his sidearm but for some reason that day left it in the back office. While helping these two men one came up behind the employee and put a knife to his neck. It was a very low-key encounter with no struggling or arguments, almost as if the robber did not have his heart in it. Lasted about three minutes, the assaultant walked away and the employee went into the office to call the police - and retrieve his firearm. It's a wierd video to watch...
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That's a video clip I for one would like to see.

Also it reminds me of something I asked the folks at TDI about one time: Suppose you are carrying concealed, someone gets behind you like that witha knife, but they don't know you have the gun. Presuming you feel a need to shoot the knife wielder is it better to keep the muzzle low and make a pelvic/leg shot, or bring the gun high and to the side going for the knife carrier's noggin?

The TDI guys said they'd recently done that in a force-on-force class and determined the former rather than the latter. They felt getting the muzzle so close to one's own head had too much risk of colossal failure.

********************************************************************************
Aodhfin

Post by Aodhfin »

Brian D. wrote:That's a video clip I for one would like to see.
If you are ever down at the store or we are at a munch or something I'd be happy to show it to you. Would rather not post on the internet as it contains a person I can not get permission from.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay.

Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

Presuming you feel a need to shoot the knife wielder is it better to keep the muzzle low and make a pelvic/leg shot
Low shot to the rear makes more sense. Not only would high put the muzzle very close to your own head, lifting and positioning your arm in such a way would also reduce much of your muscle strength in that arm, make an arm lock easier to execute and a loss of the firearm to the baddie a real possibility.