NH man arrested firing gun into ground when catching burglar

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: NH man arrested firing gun into ground when catching bur

Post by deanimator »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:I have no need for warning shots. See the gun your getting shot with the gun. If I didn't need to shoot you with the gun you're never going to see the gun.
+10,000

My firearm's not a negotiating prop. It's an implement of self-defense. Waving a gun around, or worse, shooting it at something BESIDES your assailant tells a certain type of person that you're not as serious about your defense as they are about their attack. I don't see that many stories where an armed citizen is injured or killed AFTER he resorts to a firearm, but most of the ones I see where he is involve hesitation on the part of the victim. Once the need for deadly force becomes apparent, USE it, without hesitation and until the threat is neutralized.

If you put me in reasonable, immediate fear of life and limb, I'm not going to endanger myself or anyone in my care to try to talk you out of it. You've made your choice and you're going to live... and maybe die by it.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Glock513 wrote:good they let him go. he did the right thing i guess. it's hard to detain a guy who's much bigger & stronger than you. big reason why the cops use taser guns. me, personally, when it comes to non lethal defense, i probably wouldve pepper sprayed that thief in his eyes and punt kicked him as hard as i could right in his family jewels :lol: then call 911 and wait for the cops to come. mace starts wearing off, mace him again and kick his jewels again, and again, till the cops come :lol:
  • I'm not a cop.
  • I don't want to be a cop.
  • I don't want to do the things that cops are supposed to do.
I haven't got the SLIGHTEST desire to detain ANYBODY.

If my assailant or wouldbe assailant isn't incapacitated in front of me, I want him GONE, out of my immediate vicinity. I have ZERO desire to be responsible for his safety or for keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't try to pull something.

It's my job to protect myself from criminals. It's the job of the police to apprehend them.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

deanimator wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:I have no need for warning shots. See the gun your getting shot with the gun. If I didn't need to shoot you with the gun you're never going to see the gun.
+10,000

My firearm's not a negotiating prop. It's an implement of self-defense. Waving a gun around, or worse, shooting it at something BESIDES your assailant tells a certain type of person that you're not as serious about your defense as they are about their attack. I don't see that many stories where an armed citizen is injured or killed AFTER he resorts to a firearm, but most of the ones I see where he is involve hesitation on the part of the victim. Once the need for deadly force becomes apparent, USE it, without hesitation and until the threat is neutralized.

If you put me in reasonable, immediate fear of life and limb, I'm not going to endanger myself or anyone in my care to try to talk you out of it. You've made your choice and you're going to live... and maybe die by it.

You know I have thought about this issue and I think just brandishing the weapon might backfire because the BG may just not take it seriously and dare a shooting. Better just to use the tool you have to protect yourself than just use is as a prop.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
lowpass21

Post by lowpass21 »

What was the basis for confiscating all of his other guns?
BobK

Post by BobK »

lowpass21 wrote:What was the basis for confiscating all of his other guns?
It is called liberalism run amuck.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
lowpass21

Post by lowpass21 »

BobK wrote:
lowpass21 wrote:What was the basis for confiscating all of his other guns?
It is called liberalism run amuck.
I hear you, but I doubt that was the official basis. I'm curious if anyone knows on what legal basis this was done. And if anything, why wouldn't this aspect of the story draw more concern?