We have a limited time to request Dashcam Video!

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: We have a limited time to request Dashcam Video!

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

BobK wrote:
medmandan wrote:Bob- what program is it that you use? I am interested now!
Yes, I have that setup as a speed dial on my cell phone, although I named the contact "recording", so I can also use voice commands "Call recording".

1. Go to freeconferencecalling.com and set up a free conference call line.
2. You will also establish your online account with them at the same time, which allows you access the recorded calls later
2. When you set up the account, you get 3 numbers: the dial-in line (example:555-555-5555), the conference code (example: 222222), and the host ID (example: 11111).
3. Add that information as a cell phone contact. You have to insert "P" as a 1 second delay -- see your phone options.
4. Using the example numbers, use this type of format: 555-555-5555PPP2222222P11111P5*
5. The "P5*" at the end pauses a second then 5* starts recording the call.
6. After you hang up the call, you can access the recorded call using the online account you setup in step 1.
7. Every cell phone has a means of setting a speed dial option. Set this contact up to use the feature however is convenient to you.
I use the exact same service. It works very well. Better if you have speakerphone option on the phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
13WaysToBleedCold

Post by 13WaysToBleedCold »

I had an encounter with Centerville PD last night it it was absolutely pathetic on the officer's part. I will elaborate on it tonight over in the encounters section but I need help obtaining the dashcam and audio from all 3 officers involved. I don't have the slightest clue how to go about doing this and need some help before I go about getting a lawyer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"And I've said it before but I'll say it again, 'cause I've never needed government to hold my hand." -- Arron Lewis
Beretta Px4 9mm daily carry, Beretta Nano BU9, Ruger SR1911, Stag Arms 2T with fancy stuff on it, Winchester 1100 20 gauge.
BobK

Post by BobK »

13WaysToBleedCold wrote:I had an encounter with Centerville PD last night it it was absolutely pathetic on the officer's part. I will elaborate on it tonight over in the encounters section but I need help obtaining the dashcam and audio from all 3 officers involved. I don't have the slightest clue how to go about doing this and need some help before I go about getting a lawyer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd suggest you start a new thread so it has visibility. Call it "Help me make an Open Records request", and you'll get attention.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

BobK wrote:
13WaysToBleedCold wrote:I had an encounter with Centerville PD last night it it was absolutely pathetic on the officer's part. I will elaborate on it tonight over in the encounters section but I need help obtaining the dashcam and audio from all 3 officers involved. I don't have the slightest clue how to go about doing this and need some help before I go about getting a lawyer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd suggest you start a new thread so it has visibility. Call it "Help me make an Open Records request", and you'll get attention.
Already sent him a PM awhile ago :)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Every Second Amendment activist and organizer should have this site bookmarked for quick reference:

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/suns ... /?from=nav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For all the information one could need about Ohio's Public Records Law.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Tweed Ring wrote:Every Second Amendment activist and organizer should have this site bookmarked for quick reference:

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/suns ... /?from=nav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very good info and Ohio is one of the better states at it. Also, one of the only states where the requester gets to choose his court level (you can start at the Ohio Supreme Court) to file a court case if needed. I LOVE going to public record classes. It's actually quite funny just watching some government officials amazed at how little they can "hide."
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Tweed Ring wrote:Every Second Amendment activist and organizer should have this site bookmarked for quick reference:

Keep in mind that if we do the public records request and the law director (ahem, Canton) tries to pretend that items are protected work product, protected investigative materials, etc, etc. (ahem, Canton) -- they get a call from a very convincing attorney who is typically given the go ahead to be as serious about going to court as necessary to get compliance. So there are benefits to OFCC writing the public records request on letterhead and then following up :)

There is a city that keeps ignoring me. I need to put that back at the top of my list. Could become very profitable at $100/day :)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

In one of my former lives, I helped train various government subdivisions in Ohio's Public Record Law. We have a good law; it's amazing the number of entities which either don't know what the law requires or know but ignore it.