Fulton Co. vs. Williams Co.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bwana

Fulton Co. vs. Williams Co.

Post by Bwana »

I read a previous post from netphoenix that prompted me to start this new topic. I whole heartily agree with him on his statement about Williams co. I tried to obtain my CHL from Fulton Co, right in the beginning when the the licsenses were first offered and got all sorts of static from the lady in the Fulton Co. office. They had limited days and hours from the start and as I understand even more limited now. My work schedule would not allow me to apply there and they would not even consider making any adjustments to there scedule to accomodate mine. I could get there right at there ending time of the day but she said I had to arrive earlier than that , not a very nice lady.
So I called Williams county and they put me in contact with there women in charge of handling CHL's, I talked to her and explained my situation and how I was treated in my own county.. As I work in Bryan and didn't get off of work until 3:30, There hours then were (9:00 to 3:30) and she got off of work at 3:30. She said no problem just come up right after work and she would take care of me. She stayed over on her own time to take my application, and stayed over as well 13 days later to issue me my liscense.
This encounter will stay with me for the rest of my life, there ARE good people left in this world, I don't know her name but big KUDO"s to her, what a nice lady!
Since then I have asked a freind of mine who's a Fulton Co. Deputy why there hours are so limited, His reply was the fathers of our county do not let the Sheriffs office keep the application money to fund this program. The money goes in the General fund for the county. I don't know this to be a fact, it's just what he thought was happening.so they had to work within ther budget. Don't seem right to me. The more applicant's they could draw, the more money they's make. Maybe we need a big change in the people who actually make these decisions for our County! If the fathers can't make a rational decision on this issue, makes me wonder if I trust them to make any other decisions for me either.
netphoenix

Re: Fulton Co. vs. Williams Co.

Post by netphoenix »

Bwana wrote:This encounter will stay with me for the rest of my life, there ARE good people left in this world, I don't know her name but big KUDO"s to her, what a nice lady!
Hey, Send 'em a thank-you card! Just address it to Sheriff Beck. Cops always get the {inappropriate language} - NEVER the thank-you's. You'll put a smile on his face, as well as that lady's face for a long time.

-Chris
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

Chris,

You have a Sheriff Beck in Williams Co. that is supportive of CCW?

We have one by the same name down here in Allen Co. that also supports CCW.

Buckshot
netphoenix

Post by netphoenix »

Buckshot wrote:Chris,

You have a Sheriff Beck in Williams Co. that is supportive of CCW
Yeppers! At least his office does. I'm ASSUMING he does, since I don't recall discussing it with him during his election.

-Chris
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

Chris,

We are sure about our Sheriff Beck.

He spoke as part of the Buckey State Sheriff's Assn. support package.

He walked along on the carry walk here, and steered it to the right location so that it was in his juristiction and not in the anti-CCW city police juristiction.

Buckshot