Pet Peeve of a Grammar Nazi

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mropencarry

Re: Pet Peeve of a Grammar Nazi

Post by mropencarry »

ربما ينبغي أن نسمح فقط ليسقط تماما الانجليزية من خلال الشقوق والبدء في نشر بلغات مختلفة

And before you release the hounds, TOS mentions nothing about posting only in English.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

carmen fovozzo wrote:...If ignorance was to keep me from entering heaven I would take the time to learn where to put all the commas and dot the i's...and correct my spelling. Educate is " to be led out " of ignorance into knowlegde. I am not ignorant or stupid because I don't know how to spell, but I do have much knowledge to share. Educare.... :)
...To correct someone on this forum is ok with me, just do it with a :) and not a " I'm smart because I know my grammer because I spent my time in school listning and not screwing around ". :wink:
+1
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

mropencarry wrote:ربما ينبغي أن نسمح فقط ليسقط تماما الانجليزية من خلال الشقوق والبدء في نشر بلغات مختلفة

And before you release the hounds, TOS mentions nothing about posting only in English.
Perhaps we should allow only to fall completely through the cracks of the English and start posting in different languages
Or, at least that's what Google translate says it says. OBTW, it's Arabic.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
mropencarry

Post by mropencarry »

AlanM wrote:
mropencarry wrote:ربما ينبغي أن نسمح فقط ليسقط تماما الانجليزية من خلال الشقوق والبدء في نشر بلغات مختلفة

Perhaps we should allow only to fall completely through the cracks of the English and start posting in different languages
And which word says what, I've no clue.
musser1972

Post by musser1972 »

I am perfect and I expect everyone I come into contact with to be perfect or I'm going to whine and complain... Really??? TOOL!

Get a grip. This is a public forum.
Chad
U.S. Army Disabled Veteran
1st Special Forces Group (Airborne)
82nd Airborne Division
NRA
mreising

Post by mreising »

AlanM wrote:

Shouldn't it be: "segaugnal tnereffid ni gnitsop trats dna hsilgnE eht fo skcarac eht hguorht yletelpmoc llaf ot ylno wolla dluohs ew spahreP"?
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Mark:

I know I'll regret this in the AM, but you spelled "skcarac" wrong.... :mrgreen:

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
dsk
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by dsk »

musser1972 wrote:I am perfect and I expect everyone I come into contact with to be perfect or I'm going to whine and complain... Really??? TOOL!

Get a grip. This is a public forum.
Maybe not as public as you'd like if you insist upon name-calling. And by the way, "...I expect everyone with whom I come in contact to be perfect...
Pay your dues.
whitefeathersnpr

Post by whitefeathersnpr »

What is posted here may be seen by the community at large. We may be seen as seen as representatives of the gun community (and CCW community), which we are. Why not put forth the best image possible (instead of what some may see as the stereotypical bubba image)? Proof read your post once or twice and put forth your best effort. We will still all make mistakes (and I am sure I have even made them in this post).

Nothing against anybody who's writing skills are less than others if they try (God knows as an engineer, I have relatively poor communication skills). If you are to lazy to even try, why not save even more effort and not post?
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I've been relying on the spell checker in Firefox but because of this thread I've just added the After the Deadline add-on.
It checks spelling, usage, grammar, and sentence structure.
I'll report on how things go in a week or so.
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

What is posted here may be seen by the community at large. We may be seen as seen as representatives of the gun community (and CCW community), which we are. Why not put forth the best image possible (instead of what some may see as the stereotypical bubba image)?
Very good point Sir.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

AlanM wrote:I've been relying on the spell checker in Firefox but because of this thread I've just added the After the Deadline add-on.
I tried to download After the Deadline, but it isn't compatible with the latest version of Firefox. :cry:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

SMMAssociates wrote:Mark:

I know I'll regret this in the AM, but you spelled "skcarac" wrong.... :mrgreen:

Regards,
I owe you one uncontrolled spit
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

pirateguy191 wrote:
AlanM wrote:I've been relying on the spell checker in Firefox but because of this thread I've just added the After the Deadline add-on.
I tried to download After the Deadline, but it isn't compatible with the latest version of Firefox. :cry:
I'm running Firefox 3.6.8 which, when I check for updates, is said to be the latest version.
After the Deadline installed perfectly on my machine.
I didn't use the download from the link I published, however, I got it from HERE.
AlanM
mreising

Post by mreising »

SMMAssociates wrote:Mark:

Regards,
I'll have to get Alan to run it through his new spelling/grammar checker. I just don't know how that one slipped past. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.