Pet Peeve of a Grammar Nazi

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

diamondsun

Re: Pet Peeve of a Grammar Nazi

Post by diamondsun »

ArmyAndNavyVet wrote:Let's take a look at your first paragraph:

To anyone who wishes to post their experiences about a CCW encounter. I would really like to read it. There is a pet peeve that I would like to point out before going any further. I’ve read too many accounts in the OC forum and this one as well of people that want to be taken seriously but don’t take the time to produce a message that can be read easily. If you want anyone to take you seriously please consider using paragraphs, proper punctuation and spelling.
UNQUOTE

SUGGESTED
To anyone who wishes to post their [his] experiences about a CCW encounter.[:] I would really like to read it. There is a pet peeve that I would like to point out before going any further [farther]. I’ve read too many accounts in the OC forum[,] and this one as well[,] of people that[who] want to be taken seriously[,] but[yet] don’t take the time to produce a message that can be read easily. If you want anyone to take you seriously[,] please consider using paragraphs, proper punctuation and spelling.
/SUGGESTED
The suggested changes above represent a very cursory read of your paragraph. If you want to be a "Grammar Nazi", learn better grammar first.

Just sayin'
To America's Citizen Soldier; Who answered the call; Climbed the hill; Paid the price; And never let us down.
ulwbob
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Pet Peeve of a Grammar Nazi

Post by ulwbob »

then vs. than

You are standing closer to me then he is.

(Grinding my teeth and biting my tongue.)
Bob
Mason, Ohio