OSHP stop

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Willy P

OSHP stop

Post by Willy P »

This was just related to me by a close friend as far as his stop for speeding in either Hocking of Fairfield Co. on 33. He and a friend had been riding motorcycles at Dorr Run and were headed home (CMH). As they talked he missed slowing for I would assume the bypass construction area south of Lancaster. After stopping and the Trooper walked to the truck, he heard over the Troopers radio, the dispatcher call out the vehicle belonged to a CCW. The passenger got the Troopers attention and told him He was carrying and the arm was in the glove box and gave him his work ID ( CMH LEO ) a little confused at first the Trooper asked my buddy if he had his firearm on him at the time and he responded he felt safe enough with an LEO carrying and with him so he was unarmed. The Trooper stated something to the effect that he was at ease with the situation and if either had wanted to shoot him he would be on the ground by now anyway so all was well. He DID mention that not all of his fellow Troopers were of the same mind set and let them off with a speed warning. There are officers out there on our side, obviously there are those out there not, as mentioned by the Trooper. Nice to see the positives though. :D