No Problem at all with permit in Y-Town

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jronjakoh

No Problem at all with permit in Y-Town

Post by Jronjakoh »

I was told by my trainer at CCW class that his county would give no a problem in Trumbull for a permit.I am in Mahoning County,in Youngstown. Lot of folks were sayin that mahoning County Sheriff's office was making people wait OVER the 45 day period for a permit. Well Folks,let me tell ya,Mahoning County are some of the nicest people i have ever run into.
They helped with the application,joked with me while we were getting everything done and CALLED me 2 weeks and 2 days to the date and told me to "Come and Pick up my permit. It was ready" there was about 18-20 others ready to hand out in the same pile mine was in. l will recommend Mahoning County to anybody. Ron
rkaleda

Re: No Problem at all with permit in Y-Town

Post by rkaleda »

Yours was the exception and NOT the rule. I know folks who were the reason for the warning you recieved. I know folks who did in fact wait more than 3 MONTHS! While Trumbull is cranking them out in a weeks flat without a flinch.

I am very glad to here things are getting BETTER, but if I did not have mine (Mahoning County, about a month when law first took effect) I would certainly not go to Mahoning.

I will STILL recommend to my students that they go to Trumbull and Columbiana if they can. At least then if they do it will be a bit faster for the ones who CAN'T go else where.

One factor MAY be that Budd is gone. While he was very anti CCW the SHeriff still is.

Congrats on getting your license though! Stay safe.

Rick
(One the West Side).
Jronjakoh wrote:I was told by my trainer at CCW class that his county would give no a problem in Trumbull for a permit.I am in Mahoning County,in Youngstown. Lot of folks were sayin that mahoning County Sheriff's office was making people wait OVER the 45 day period for a permit. Well Folks,let me tell ya,Mahoning County are some of the nicest people i have ever run into.
They helped with the application,joked with me while we were getting everything done and CALLED me 2 weeks and 2 days to the date and told me to "Come and Pick up my permit. It was ready" there was about 18-20 others ready to hand out in the same pile mine was in. l will recommend Mahoning County to anybody. Ron
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

do we have a list of what counties are in the lead as far as handing them out?

I know Geauga is high, thats where I got mine and highly recommend them.
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
rkaleda

Post by rkaleda »

Yes! Got to the Attorney Generals web site at www.ag.state.oh.us there are stats from every qtr as well as the first year. Yes, Geaga is HIGH, but not the highest. They are very friendly AND open on Saturdays (Maybe be the only county open saturdays?) I dunno, someone will correct me I am sure.

Plus they border several unfriendly counties like Cuyahoga.

I roccomend Gea. to alot of my students.

Aaron wrote:do we have a list of what counties are in the lead as far as handing them out?

I know Geauga is high, thats where I got mine and highly recommend them.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I forgot about that list, thanks for the reminder :D And unfortunately I live in Cuyahoga.

Yeah Ive never heard anything bad about Geauga and Medina. Although If I had to chose again, Id go to Medina, my cousin had a 2 or 3 day turn around time in Medina, where as mine in Geauga was 14 days. I guess all that matters is that we take posession of them right? :lol:
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
Lee in OH

Post by Lee in OH »

Definitely go to the Trumbull County Sheriff's Office for your CCW. I got mine in 10 days. No hassle, no problems.