The 5-0 is spoiling my fun!!!

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

The 5-0 is spoiling my fun!!!

Post by OldManTod »

So I have been riding through Parma Heights, Middleburg Heights, Strongsville, Brunswick, Medina and a number of other cities with my firearm proudly displayed as I cruise on the Softtail and oddly enough (good or bad, not sure yet) I have yet to have any interaction with the fuzz (I am just cracking on slang that has come from who knows where as it relates to Law Enforcement officers).

So...

With that being said, how about other bikers, have you been riding much lately with your firearm and if so have you been "noticed"??

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Johnny45

Post by Johnny45 »

Yes, I've been riding much and no I haven't been noticed alot. Got a glance and a smile from a couple of older gents at a red light though. 8)
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
Jim-in-Toledo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Jim-in-Toledo »

Riding around Toledo on a motorcycle for last 2 months and average 2 - 3 comments or gestures daily, ALL OF THEM have been either curiosity (what kind of gun is that? type questions) or thumbs-ups type gestures! (Even a couple of Toledo Police Officers sent thumbs-ups. :shock: )
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

No kidding?!?!

Impressive.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

I think everybody is too self absorbed here in the burbs of Cleveland to see any firearms...

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
speedy

carrying on a motorcycle and in a cmv

Post by speedy »

i have been pulled over and the officer has told me that people has called in and reported a person with a gun riding a motorcycle however after showing my permit he says no problem and to have a good day also if you have a permit it is legal to carry your gun in a commerical vechile i have been pulled over twice in my semi both times i have stated that i am a ccw holder and i am carrying all they do is tell you to keep your hands where they can see them take your gun during the traffic stop and give it back when they are done both times i have walked away with warnings on my speed
loup

Carry rig on the Softail

Post by loup »

Greetings OldManTod,

What handgun are you carrying and how do you carry it? IWB, OWB and what position?
aiformula

Post by aiformula »

Other than the time I got pulled over thanks to the soccer mom's call to the PD, nobody bothers me.

One guy who looked/talked about as white trash as you could imagine, pulled up next to me one day and mentioned "hey dude, you're peekin out". I told him, "yah, I know. But to be legal I have to carry my concealed weapon in plain sight" He got this really puzzled look on his face and said "that makes no sense". Now why couldn't the people we vote for figure this out?
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Hey Lou,

I carry OWB at 3 o'clock either my Springfield XD9 subcompact or the XD40 subcompact.

I also carry a kel tec p3at in my pocket as a bug..

T
loup

My motorcycle carry rig

Post by loup »

OldManTod,

Thanks for sharing your rig. I realized after I asked the question that I might be invading your privacy. I'll share my carry rig too. I usually carry a Glock 23 in a Comp-Tac Pro Undercover IWB. It's not tuckable, but I like the Pro Undercover because the gun and holster can be removed as a unit with one hand. The gun never has to be removed from the holster for this process. Eliminates any possibility for a negligent discharge. I usually wear it at 3:00. Needless to say, it's highly visible to anyone driving by. What I've now discovered is that I can wear it at 12:00. It's still in plain sight and does not get in the way of any "plumbing" if you know what I mean. Any LEO can see it plainly if the need arises and yet a casual looker may not notice it as much as if I wore it at 3:00. In general it gives me the creeps to have to let everyone see that I'm carrying. On the other hand people will just have to get used to the fact that law abiding citizens can arm themselves for their defense and security.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: ..

Post by TunnelRat »

OldManTod wrote:I also carry a kel tec p3at in my pocket as a bug..
So where do you put your Kel-Tec when you get into a car? It is pretty hard to find a "plain sight" holster for one of those, except maybe the ones that hang around your neck.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
appliance brad

Post by appliance brad »

tommcnaughton wrote:
OldManTod wrote:I also carry a kel tec p3at in my pocket as a bug..
So where do you put your Kel-Tec when you get into a car? It is pretty hard to find a "plain sight" holster for one of those, except maybe the ones that hang around your neck.
My wife carries either a Taurus PT-22 or a KelTec P3AT in her right front pocket. Whn in the Buckeye state (we live 5 miles from the border), she pulls it out of her pocket and puts it in a locking pistol case. That's probably not an option on a bike.
Alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives should be a 24/7 convenience store, not a government agency.

www.firearmsalliance.org
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

appliance brad wrote:My wife carries either a Taurus PT-22 or a KelTec P3AT in her right front pocket. Whn in the Buckeye state (we live 5 miles from the border), she pulls it out of her pocket and puts it in a locking pistol case.
Just don't let it be seen in Toledo -- that might amount to a Saturday Night Special and get confiscated. :cry:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
appliance brad

Post by appliance brad »

tommcnaughton wrote:
appliance brad wrote:My wife carries either a Taurus PT-22 or a KelTec P3AT in her right front pocket. Whn in the Buckeye state (we live 5 miles from the border), she pulls it out of her pocket and puts it in a locking pistol case.
Just don't let it be seen in Toledo -- that might amount to a Saturday Night Special and get confiscated. :cry:
Yea, my J frame won't pass muster either and my pocket knife blade is likely too long. Add that to having to keep my Bushmaster out of Columbus and I've got the tourism people working overtime to keep us from just detouring off to Indiana.
Alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives should be a 24/7 convenience store, not a government agency.

www.firearmsalliance.org