First encounter with LE

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Aaron

First encounter with LE

Post by Aaron »

A friend and myself made a trip to Kinkos Fedex on Rockside rd. in Independence around 2am to deliver some speakers. I was the passenger, and to avoid some holes in the road caused by massive construction, my friend swerved quite a bit. We got lit up about 20 seconds later.

I put my hands on the dash and my friend asked what I was doing, I told him that this was procedure, and that if the cop came to the drivers side first, to inform him that I'm a permit holder.

He came to my side first, as he got closer I put my hands out the window somewhat(anything to show I was going to be very cooperative). He asked how I was, I informed him that Im a permit holder and that I was indeed carrying and that it was in plain sight. He pointed his flashlight onto my hip to make sure it was and that was that.

I said.."Thats it?"

He said due to the way I reacted, and informed him that I was carrying and that I mentioned it was in plain sight, he was put at ease. His exact words were "those of you who Carry are law obiding citizens, is this your first time encountering an officer while carrying?" I answered Yes, and again he said he appreciated how I handled the matter and did exactly what I was supposed too. He also warned me that all Officers wont react the same way, I told him I was aware of it.

As he went to the drivers side and asked for my friends info, he told me to get out my permit. I did and he didnt actually take it from me, he looked at, Im assuming checking the Expiration date, that was it.

We were literally pulled over for a whole 3 minutes, so my first experience was a pleasant one indeed. As pleasant as it can be I guess. The cops in Independence are usually pleasant to begin with, I think Im spoiled.

Anyone have an encounter in Parma? Ive heard stories about their attitudes, Id be scared to come across some of them :shock:
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
bullet

Post by bullet »

WHAT!! YOu didn't fire a couple of shots at him as he walked up to the car???? YOU EVIL CCW license holder!!!! HAHAHAHA!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

:shock:

:lol:
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
BB62

Re: First encounter with LE

Post by BB62 »

Aaron wrote: ...to inform him that I'm a permit holder...
Just one thing - it's a license.

BB62
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I'll try to break the habit but ive been calling it that for a while, as do friends and relatives, might be hard to break.
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
BB62

Post by BB62 »

AND I forgot to mention - THANKS for scoring another point in cops' minds about what great people us CHL (or LCCH) people are!

Rock on, dude!

You going to be at the Picnic?

BB62
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Im seriously giving it thought. Ill make up my mind by Tuesday and make plans accordingly. I see we can still buy tickets so its very possible :D

whats a 2 hour drive compared to being surrounded by fellow "License" Holders 8)
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w