False Alarm at Bethel Winking Lizard

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

SeanC wrote:I don't think I'm ranting, and I don't think that personal attacks are good argument technique, either.
Um, where was the personal attack I am supposed to have made?

I think you and I are going to have to agree to disagree. My position is simply this: this encounter would not have crossed my own personal 4th Amendment "line in the sand". I am inferring by your comments that it would have for you. That's fine.

I certainly do care about protecting against infringements on my rights but I recognize the need for reason in encounters like this. If you cry foul at every close or perceived infraction, you actually reduce your credibility in the eyes of those you wish to convince. You begin to take on the identity of a "complainer" and your comments will more easily be dismissed.

Now, with regard to this case, I will concede that the actions of the female officer with the friend of the OP were inappropriate...based merely on the comments we have read from the OP. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with the actions of the officer with the OP.

BTW, I still say your avatar looks like a fraternity buddy of mine from Akron.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."