Midvale PD A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Midvale PD A+

Post by scottb »

Heading down to the lake last night my wife and I decided to shortcut 250 through Midvale. As I neared the end of the 25mph zone I stopped paying attention to my speed. I saw an LEO on the side of the road and glanced down - I was coasting downhill close to 40mph! He pulled out behind me and I told my wife I was likely getting stopped and ticketed.

He pulled me over and I prepared my license and CHL. We were both carrying. When he came to the car I promptly notified for both myself and my wife. He took our DL’s And CHL’s and ran our info. At the end I got a verbal warning. I told him that it was my first time notifying and thanked him for making it an easy encounter.

Great job Midvale!
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Midvale PD A+

Post by sd790 »

Good story. Just as a point of discussion, I do not believe that you can notify for your wife. She is responsible for notifying if she is carrying.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Agreed, good encounter. sd790 is correct, technically your wife needs to notify herself - most of the time it won't matter, but you never know when you'll get that one LEO...

Another thing to consider - I tell my students that they should not get their paperwork ready, wait until the LEO asks for it. Reason is that you are under close scrutiny from the moment the stop is initiated, and LEOs are suspicious of any activity in the vehicle so let them see exactly what you are doing. That way there is no question about you hiding or getting out something you shouldn't.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Great feedback thank you. My wallet was on the dash and I kept my hands on top of the wheel to take out my “papers.” Point well taken though.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
beagler
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by beagler »

Midvale watches their speed limits very closely. I got stopped for not coming to a complete stop once there. The cops are very professional.