Question , Cuyahoga fair

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dave44142

Question , Cuyahoga fair

Post by Dave44142 »

I notice that all of the buildings at the Cuyahoga fair have gun buster stickers plastered all over but none caught my
eye at the gate? what is the legal story there?
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Question , Cuyahoga fair

Post by WestonDon »

In a nutshell, county fair boards cannot prohibit firearms on the grounds but can prohibit them in the buildings, as long as said buildings are not a parking facility, shelter, or restrooms. I am sure others will be along shortly with more details. There are quite a few threads on this topic on this forum.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

WestonDon wrote:In a nutshell, county fair boards cannot prohibit firearms on the grounds but can prohibit them in the buildings, as long as said buildings are not a parking facility, shelter, or restrooms. I am sure others will be along shortly with more details. There are quite a few threads on this topic on this forum.
^^^^^this.

And you can carry in grandstands also, as long as you can enter them without going through the or a building that is legally posted.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Dave44142 wrote:I notice that all of the buildings at the Cuyahoga fair have gun buster stickers plastered all over but none caught my
Last year Darke County was the same way on all the buildings, (including bathrooms) I didn't notice the entrances, will look this year.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

I'm actually surprised they weren't posted at the gate. They have been in previous years, but it has been a while since I've gone.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
run71324

Post by run71324 »

M-Quigley wrote:
Dave44142 wrote:I notice that all of the buildings at the Cuyahoga fair have gun buster stickers plastered all over but none caught my
Last year Darke County was the same way on all the buildings, (including bathrooms) I didn't notice the entrances, will look this year.
Only postings at the entrance in Darke County are on the backside Gate Houses. Nothing from the street side.