Reaction with LEO encounters

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: Reaction with LEO encounters

Post by deanimator »

Werz wrote:
deanimator wrote:Of course if you live in Cleveland or Columbus, what the cops do in Fremont or Tiffin is of primarily academic interest.
Perhaps. But many who live in exurban environments do so quite intentionally. In urban police departments, the increased thuggery in the departments match nicely the increased thuggery on the streets. That's why many of us choose not to live there.
I live in Rocky River, which isn't exactly South Central or Altgeld Gardens. Still I've run into cops here who are both ignorant and overweeningly proud of it.

I suppose I could move to Elmore, but the commute would be hell, and I have no expectation of finding meaningful employment in the immediate area.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

deanimator wrote:
Werz wrote:
deanimator wrote:Of course if you live in Cleveland or Columbus, what the cops do in Fremont or Tiffin is of primarily academic interest.
Perhaps. But many who live in exurban environments do so quite intentionally. In urban police departments, the increased thuggery in the departments match nicely the increased thuggery on the streets. That's why many of us choose not to live there.
I live in Rocky River, which isn't exactly South Central or Altgeld Gardens. Still I've run into cops here who are both ignorant and overweeningly proud of it.

I suppose I could move to Elmore, but the commute would be hell, and I have no expectation of finding meaningful employment in the immediate area.
No matter where you go, there you are!
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

In getting back to the original post, I believe it is sort of a "sign of the times" issue. I can remember my few encounters with Law Enforcement when I was a teenager and I can honestly say that by far most of them were very positive. I say "positive" in that even though all the encounters were bad situations, the officers were professional, calm, polite and willing to listen to my side of the story before making their final decision of what needed to be done. However, over the last 15 years of my adult life, the few encounters I have had "normal traffic movement violation stops" the officers were not anywhere close to acting: "professional, calm, polite and willing to listen to my side of the story before making their final decision of what needed to be done." Every time the officers were: "Loud, obnoxious, unwilling to listen, and even "preachy" in terms of how they handled the situation." even though it was a normal, traffic stop for a moving violation.

Now before anyone starts ripping me on "how many violations have you had as an adult?" The answer is not many. In fact I have not been cited for one since October of 2005. The main example I can give is the last encounter I had about three years ago. I was not a CHL holder at the time. I was driving home from my 10 year old sons baseball tournament. At an intersection I entered the intersection for a left hand turn too late as the light was changing from yellow to red. All traffic had cleared coming across, but no doubt I should have just waited. A highway patrolman saw this activity and pulled me over. Running my plates he of course sees that I have a DUI from September of 98 on my record before I was married. I have not drank since then and more importantly I have never exposed drinking to my children. My choice. The cop walks right up to my window with both my hands on the steering wheel and says: "Well,.........looks like you had a problem with the Alcohol a while back!" My son sitting there is sort of like: "What". I calmy reply to the officer that in deed that was a long time ago and things have changed. He walks back and rights me a warning and leaves...........................................

Really? Oh...Okay Officer who thinks he is my counsler, or Dad or something.

POINT BEING: I always say, I support having law enforcement. But more and more the LEO's seem to treat normal, working, tax paying, on the road people in uncommon traffic situations the same way they treat the multi offender, child molesting, raping, breaking and entering thug off the street who has just broken into the local liquor store.
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

If this is all not bad enough. Here is another example of why "We the People" more and more have to fear LEO's.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10 ... latestnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."