man in NJ must think he is living in Texas instead

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

man in NJ must think he is living in Texas instead

Post by M-Quigley »

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/01/14 ... g-burglar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GARFIELD, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – A Bergen County man is charged with attempted murder, but he says he was protecting his property when he shot a man who was allegedly trying to steal from his car.

That car owner spoke exclusively with CBS2’s Meg Baker about what happened that night.

“Within 20 seconds my life went upside down,” Omar Smadiya said.

Smadiya says he was sound asleep inside his Garfield apartment last Tuesday when his wife woke him up around 3:15 a.m. and said a man was breaking into his car.

“I panicked. I thought if this guy would have had a weapon… come upstairs and kill me or slaughter my family. I took my pistol, he jumped at me, this whole thing happened so quickly, it was terrifying.”

Smadiya is licensed to carry a gun. Police say Christopher Manon-Velez admitted to breaking into a number of cars that same night and is now charged with several counts of burglary.

“He ran down the street – I panicked – I fired a couple of shots, not aiming, out of panic. I didn’t learn he was hit until 10 to 12 hours later when the police were talking to me,” the Garfield resident said.
The burglar supposedly jumped at him but he doesn't shoot then, he fires out of panic as the guy is running down the street? Not even aiming?
Brian D.

Re: man in NJ must think he is living in Texas instead

Post by Brian D. »

I wonder how he managed to get a carry license in Joisey? VERY hard to come by unless you're politically "connected". Tony Soprano would have had an easier time getting one than good old you or I.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.