defensive gun use against alleged robber in Dayton

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

defensive gun use against alleged robber in Dayton

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/attempt ... IcSxBVbJJ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DAYTON — UPDATE @ 5:09 p.m.: A 20-year-old Dayton man has a mental disorder and that may have played a role in his being involved in an attempted robbery, his mother said Thursday.

"I am sick right now, worrying about this situation," Camela Staten told News Center 7's Mike Campbell. "My son would never do what they're accusing him of."

Christgene (pronounced Christian) Staten remains in the Montgomery County Jail on charges accusing him of the crime. He appeared in court Thursday.

Dayton police accuse Staten of trying to rob a man, then breaking a flower pot over his head when the man refused to give him cash. that man fired a weapon in self-defense.

Staten’s mom said her son graduated with a 4.0 grade point average from Dunbar High School, but changed about a year later. She claims doctors diagnosed him with schizophrenia.

She said she believes he may have had an episode and scared their neighbor but wasn’t trying to rob the man.

"I think it's a misunderstanding," she said.
Either he broke a flower pot over the victims head (or attempted to) or he didn't. Regardless of the excuse for the behavior, either way, robbery or aggravated assault, it's still a successful defensive gun use IMHO.