Tempe police shoot 14 yr old suspect carrying airsoft gun

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Tempe police shoot 14 yr old suspect carrying airsoft gun

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.azfamily.com/news/protester ... a1713.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't mention if the gun had an orange tip or not.
TEMPE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - About 100 people protested outside of the Tempe Police Department on Thursday night, demanding justice for the 14-year-old boy who was killed in an officer-involved shooting on Tuesday.

Tempe police say that they caught the suspect, who family has identified as Antonio Arce, burglarizing a car. When they made contact with him, he started running and was carrying a handgun.
Investigators later learned Antonio was armed with replica 1911 airsoft gun.

Dozens of protesters gathered outside of the Tempe Police Department in support of Antonio's family. They chanted things like, "no justice, no peace," and "no racist police."

Emotions are running high at this protest. Family and friends of Antonio Arce are crying as others chant “no justice, no peace.” #azfamily pic.twitter.com/pEYfRy1XO6
— Kim Powell (@KimPowellTV) January 18, 2019

"Seeing all these people makes me so happy, knowing that they're here, knowing that they're here to support. I hope that this message does get to police," Gonzalez said.
I guess the message the police are supposed to get is the suspect gets to shoot first so the police will know it's a real gun. And if that first shot kills a cop or some civilians behind the cops, oh well. :(
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Tempe police shoot 14 yr old suspect carrying airsoft gu

Post by screwman »

I've got a 1911 airsoft. It's identical to my 1911's. Except for the orange tip. Who's gonna see an orange tip in the dark, when it's pointed at you.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

The picture I saw did not show an orange tip.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

If you burgle a car and the police stop you in the act, you should be required to show ID that you are only 14 if you pointing a gun at the officers, that way they know you are not a threat. Even if it is a real gun. :roll:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George