Public Service - Gun owner held stabbing suspect for police

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Public Service - Gun owner held stabbing suspect for police

Post by Bruenor »

leyton sounds like a good county prosecutor in Flint.
https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/2019/0 ... -says.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leyton said a passerby called 911 after hearing someone yelling, “He stabbed my wife.”

The passerby then used a registered handgun to order Harrington to his knees until police arrived, Leyton said.

There were no charges filed against the passerby.

“In fact, he probably performed a public service,” Leyton said.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Glock Rock

Re: Public Service - Gun owner held stabbing suspect for pol

Post by Glock Rock »

Do they register handguns in Flint, or is this just typical reporting in 2019. i.e. incorrect.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Glock Rock wrote:Do they register handguns in Flint, or is this just typical reporting in 2019. i.e. incorrect.
Michigan has a handgun registration scheme disguised as a"safety check" when you buy it.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

evan price wrote:
Glock Rock wrote:Do they register handguns in Flint, or is this just typical reporting in 2019. i.e. incorrect.
Michigan has a handgun registration scheme disguised as a"safety check" when you buy it.
Little side note to that: Don't know how it is now, but for years a non-resident visiting Michigan was supposed to register any handguns brought along with the local police, within five days of arrival. Cities large and small had that ordinance, from what I observed. Maybe it mirrored state law, don't know.
So, my vacation practice was to never stay in the same place more than four days. When you think about it, that gave me more firearms rights than Michigan residents. Hooray for government, they make everything better!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.