911 outages in the west & Cinti FYI

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

911 outages in the west & Cinti FYI

Post by bignflnut »

Customers of CenturyLink are experiencing a nationwide internet outage that reportedly is affecting 911 emergency calls and causing other havoc in some areas of the country.

According to the website downdetector.com, the outage is affecting many areas across the Pacific Northwest and other parts of the country, including Seattle, Denver, Portland, Los Angeles, Dallas, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, Boise, Chicago, Phoenix, Cincinnati and other areas.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JediSkipdogg

Re: 911 outages in the west & Cinti FYI

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Cincinnati rural areas were affected by this but Century Link does not provide 911 services to any of the PSAPs (aka 911 centers) around here so the only affected people were actual customers.

I was affected but all is back up and running now.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.