Cleveland Teen Shot For Stealing Car

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Cleveland Teen Shot For Stealing Car

Post by gilly32 »

CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio – A 17-year-old boy was shot Sunday by the driver of a car he tried to steal outside a Cleveland Heights gas station, police said.
The driver who shot at his car turned himself in later Sunday at the Cleveland Heights Police Department. He remains in custody but has not been charged with a crime, Mecklenburg said Monday afternoon.

Using deadly force to protect property is not allowed in the state of Ohio. Would this fall under felonious assault?

https://www.cleveland.com/crime/2018/12 ... e-say.html
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Cleveland Teen Shot For Stealing Car

Post by qmti »

gilly32 wrote:
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio – A 17-year-old boy was shot Sunday by the driver of a car he tried to steal outside a Cleveland Heights gas station, police said.
The driver who shot at his car turned himself in later Sunday at the Cleveland Heights Police Department. He remains in custody but has not been charged with a crime, Mecklenburg said Monday afternoon.

Using deadly force to protect property is not allowed in the state of Ohio. Would this fall under felonious assault?

https://www.cleveland.com/crime/2018/12 ... e-say.html
Hopefully the teens learned a valuable lesson.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I'd mention how it looked like the teen was turning the car around to run me over and I was in fear for my life.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

BREAKING NEWS..... Teenager that was shot stealing a man's car that the victim worked hard for, has sued the victim and was awarded millions for his pain and suffering. Yes, crime does pay big. (I bet this could come true)
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

qmti wrote:BREAKING NEWS..... Teenager that was shot stealing a man's car that the victim worked hard for, has sued the victim and was awarded millions for his pain and suffering. Yes, crime does pay big. (I bet this could come true)
It has in England. Sorry, no citations of court cases, just memories of news stories.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Just in case anyone forgot that the 17 year old is a "boy" the article mentions it at least 11 times. :roll:
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:Just in case anyone forgot that the 17 year old is a "boy" the article mentions it at least 11 times. :roll:
Sounds like a racist designation to me.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

schmieg wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:Just in case anyone forgot that the 17 year old is a "boy" the article mentions it at least 11 times. :roll:
Not racist, ageism.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AlanM wrote:
schmieg wrote:
Not racist, ageism.
Ok, try calling Jesse Jackson "boy" and see what happens.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Flavor Flav made this a thing...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
marca

Post by marca »

Don't expect me to feel sorry for this "boy". It is probably the first time in his life that he got what he deserves.