Stand your ground is all about race...

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Stand your ground is all about race...

Post by rickt »

...at least this Cleveland state representative thinks it is.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Rep. Stephanie Howse, an African American from Cleveland, is happy that “stand-your-ground” language was removed from a firearms bill that passed the General Assembly last week.

“It’s a step in the right direction,” Howse told cleveland.com, and one that hopefully leads to a more inclusive discussion among legislators about representing the entire state, not just rural and mostly white segments

Howse made headlines last month, when House Speaker Ryan Smith shut off her microphone as she vociferously objected to a version of the firearms bill, House Bill 228, which she said would have exposed African Americans in urban areas to greater danger.
https://www.cleveland.com/news/2018/12/ ... -says.html
JediSkipdogg

Re: Stand your ground is all about race...

Post by JediSkipdogg »

The thing I never understood when those people say that is why they don't see how many African Americans can also use it as a defense. Do African Americans never use self-defense? Are there not a ton in prison right now that probably shouldn't be there?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

JediSkipdogg wrote:The thing I never understood when those people say that is why they don't see how many African Americans can also use it as a defense. Do African Americans never use self-defense? Are there not a ton in prison right now that probably shouldn't be there?
Anti-gun politics is not about logic and reason. It's about what they want and any means necessary.

I'll do you one better. Take a page from Morgan Freeman - there arent African-Americans kust like there aren't Eastern-European-Americans. There's Americans and non-Americans. This person is fighting against ALL Americans (atleast in Ohio).
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

JediSkipdogg wrote:The thing I never understood when those people say that is why they don't see how many African Americans can also use it as a defense. Do African Americans never use self-defense? Are there not a ton in prison right now that probably shouldn't be there?
According to the left, African-Americans aren't SUPPOSED to use self-defense.

We don't NEED guns because the police... like Justin Volpe, Andreas Mehserle, James Frascatore and Jonathan Aledda are here to protect us.

To promoters of invidiously racist gun controls, I always say:
  1. Police are violent, racist, sociopaths.
  2. Only police should have guns.
Pick ONE.

But when you promote the Black Lies Matter narrative that only Black FELONS' (and 'knife and car' jihadis') lives are worthy of protection, little things like self-defense by Black NON-criminals can be dismissed. To THEM, Arthur Buford (and the Ohio State jihadi) was the "victim".
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Kyle Doheny and Michael Anderson are licensed gun owners who live in different states but have a few things in common. Both are black men who have worked in public safety or national defense. And both say that when they carry their guns, some people don’t respect their Second Amendment rights.

The two were among the more than 100 people who responded when we asked black gun owners to tell us about their interactions with law enforcement, other authorities and the general public.

SNIP

Some of those who wrote us said they have had no issues with authorities or the general public. Others said they have faced fearful store owners and had confrontations with law enforcement over guns they carried legally; and explained why, despite the stereotyping and sometimes outright hostility they face, they still carry a gun.

Here is a selection of their stories. They have been condensed and lightly edited.
I know, I know...it's the NYT.
Read a few, though...you might be surprised.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Because they conflate legal and illegal gun ownership. Think about that.

Easy to do, most people don’t carry guns or know the law.

You don’t have a bunch of Race Y going to the neighborhoods of Race X (or the reverse) mowing them down and then claiming “Stand Your Ground”, which is what this appears to some folks. But other folks think it means a shooter, whether legal or illegal gun owner, can just fire and escape all legal repercussions.

Big gap in public perception on this one.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
docachna

Post by docachna »

Mr. Glock wrote:Because they conflate legal and illegal gun ownership. Think about that.
Gee.

Like conflating illegal and legal immigration ?

Go figure.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE