Scioto County Break-In thwarted

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Scioto County Break-In thwarted

Post by bignflnut »

A man from West Portsmouth died Thursday after being shot during a reported home break-in, the Scioto County Sheriff’s Office says.

The body of Michael Bashaw, 34, was found in the backyard of the home in the 3700 block of Mackletree Road, deputies say. That’s in the Blue Creek area.

A person in the home told deputies they shot at a man trying to break inside.
Castle Doctrine? Or does this homeowner get rung up for not retreating? These two concepts seem to conflict, don't they? Yet, am I right in saying it is current Ohio law that when in one's own domicile or vehicle there is not a positive legal duty to retreat? Very confusing.
Last edited by bignflnut on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
ArmedAviator

Re: Scioto County Break-In thwarted

Post by ArmedAviator »

Once's home is the absolute safest place one can be. Leaving the home is an unknown. Are there perpetrators at all doors? Is it too cold outside to survive (say, middle of nowheresville)? Nah, I'm not retreating from my safe space.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin