Man offering more than buyback arrested

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Man offering more than buyback arrested

Post by bignflnut »

For the record, the charges were later dropped.

However, I don’t blame Gillis for trying. After all, if Miami PD wanted to pay me $250 for a lower receiver, I’d let them. I’d then use that money to get about five more lower receivers or other parts to build complete rifles. I don’t blame the guy for trying.

But the Miami PD told him $17, which was lower than they’d told him over the phone. While I don’t blame the police running the buy-back, I also don’t blame Gillis for offering to purchase firearms for more than the buy-back would.

The fact of the matter is that Gillis did nothing wrong, much less illegal. The officers just didn’t like the idea of these guns going anywhere except in their own lockers for destruction. Well, I have news for them. There are a whole lot of guns that will never go anywhere near a buy-back.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Re: Man offering more than buyback arrested

Post by Brian D. »

Gillis will have some company at the next buy back, if the police try to run one the same way again. That's what happens when you harass or arrest someone who's NOT breaking the law.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
docachna

Re: Man offering more than buyback arrested

Post by docachna »

Brian D. wrote:Gillis will have some company at the next buy back, if the police try to run one the same way again. That's what happens when you harass or arrest someone who's NOT breaking the law.
Just what I was getting ready to say. Bet a gun rights group tells the police "we're all gonna be out there next time, and many of us are wired. You guess who."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE