Man allegedly pulls gun on teenagers at a McDonalds

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Man allegedly pulls gun on teenagers at a McDonalds

Post by M-Quigley »

No one was shot, but the story is interesting from a CC use of force situation. It doesn't say he pointed the gun at anyone, just that he pulled it, allegedly at a group of teenagers who confronted him after a racist statement.
Another controversy is the manager ordering the teens out after being told the guy with the gun was outside.

https://www.whio.com/news/minnesota-tee ... d0Ofi1pzI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Man allegedly pulls gun on teenagers at a McDonalds

Post by qmti »

M-Quigley wrote:No one was shot, but the story is interesting from a CC use of force situation. It doesn't say he pointed the gun at anyone, just that he pulled it, allegedly at a group of teenagers who confronted him after a racist statement.
Another controversy is the manager ordering the teens out after being told the guy with the gun was outside.

https://www.whio.com/news/minnesota-tee ... d0Ofi1pzI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OK, help this low tech guy out. After reading the story, the man told the teenagers why the EBT (electronic benefit transfer) would not work. The teenagers got mad at him for telling them that. Does EBT mean something different to black teenagers?
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

qmti wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:No one was shot, but the story is interesting from a CC use of force situation. It doesn't say he pointed the gun at anyone, just that he pulled it, allegedly at a group of teenagers who confronted him after a racist statement.

OK, help this low tech guy out. After reading the story, the man told the teenagers why the EBT (electronic benefit transfer) would not work. The teenagers got mad at him for telling them that. Does EBT mean something different to black teenagers?
Hold on, just found my answer on MSN.
EBT is a system in which welfare benefits are loaded onto a debit card that recipients can use at retailers.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

qmti wrote:
qmti wrote:

Hold on, just found my answer on MSN.
EBT is a system in which welfare benefits are loaded onto a debit card that recipients can use at retailers.
It's not just that EBT is a welfare card. From the news link: (underlining and bolded is added by me)
Jihan Abdullahi, 17, said she was trying to pay for her order with an app on her smartphone but the clerk was having trouble processing the order, the Star Tribune reported.

“Once we gave up on paying, we just canceled the order,” Abdullahi told the newspaper. “And as (we) are walking away, the man says under his breath, ‘You were paying with EBT (electronic benefit transfer); that’s why it didn’t work.’”

Abdullahi said she asked the man, “‘Just because I’m black you think my friends and I live under EBT?’ And he said, ‘Yes.’”
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

So she has anger issues, or her friends do. In any case, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. A person is not offended unless they wish to be, and still no reason to attack someone.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:So she has anger issues, or her friends do. In any case, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. A person is not offended unless they wish to be, and still no reason to attack someone.
In a legal sense that hasn't been exactly true ever since SCOTUS ruled on "fighting words."

Update: The local police charged the gun owner with "probable 2nd degree assault". The article still doesn't say if he actually pointed the gun at anyone or merely drew it.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/11/ ... n-prairie/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

From what I have seen in the videos and the reporting, even though they are attempting to take the teens side...the authorities are going to have a hard time getting a conviction unless they get an all muslim jury. The teens seriously outnumbered the guy and were pushing on him. All he did was flash the gun and disengage. This is a man disengaging from a mob.

As to the manager, he has a group of teens who caused delays because they couldn't pay for their meals, then they pick a fight with one of the customers who had to wait and was irritated. I would tell them to get out and not come back.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

catfish86 wrote:From what I have seen in the videos and the reporting, even though they are attempting to take the teens side...the authorities are going to have a hard time getting a conviction unless they get an all muslim jury. The teens seriously outnumbered the guy and were pushing on him. All he did was flash the gun and disengage. This is a man disengaging from a mob.

As to the manager, he has a group of teens who caused delays because they couldn't pay for their meals, then they pick a fight with one of the customers who had to wait and was irritated. I would tell them to get out and not come back.
IDK how hard it will be for them to get a conviction (the cops may have some additional info, statements etc not released yet) but unless he has some kind of CCW coverage he will possibly be spending a lot of money on an attorney to try to get him out of the charge. If in fact he said what he's being accused of, he could've saved himself a lot of money and grief by using a little common sense and not saying or doing stupid things.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

You are right about the legal insurance. The NRA has Carryguard and I use CCWSafe. I think I pay $130 a year. If you are saving that money that could prove the most penny wise/pound foolish decision of your life.

Had he not been armed, it is quite likely a mob beat down would have occurred.

As to evidence, I am thinking the first clue was the manager's reaction in telling the teens to get out of his restaurant. Would not be the first time the police charged somebody in response to headlines rather than evidence.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Update: https://www.whio.com/news/minnesota-man ... FoQUsJiMO/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
— A Minnesota man who pulled a gun on a group of teens at a McDonald’s in Eden Prairie was sentenced to 45 days in jail Friday, KARE reported.

Lloyd Edward Johnson, 55, was fined $3,000, must also perform 24 days of community service and will be on probation for three years, the television station reported.

According to a plea agreement reached in Hennepin County Court, Johnson’s felony charge of terroristic threats can be dropped from a felony to a misdemeanor if he follows the guidelines of his sentence, which include surrendering his guns and submitting to a mental health evaluation, WCCO reported.
In court Friday, Johnson apologized to the victims, the television station reported.

"That night I was hungry, I was coming home from work, I was impatient and I just acted out," Johnson said. "I never meant to hurt anybody. I apologize just heartfelt, profusely for that. I just wish I could take that all back.”