Ky church arming.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Ky church arming.

Post by AlanM »

Kentucky Pastor Asks Church Members To Bring Guns
A Kentucky pastor asked members to carry guns to Sunday service after church nearly became the target of a racially motivated shooting.

First Baptist Church of Jeffersontown said they’ve stepped up off-duty police security and also asked church members with former law enforcement or security backgrounds to carry guns for services and Bible studies.

“There are several people that will be positioned for this situation,” said Rev. Kevin Nelson, senior pastor at the church.

The church said it identified about seven people thus far who are allowed to carry weapons. They will allow others with concealed carry permits to also bring guns into church, but they must notify church leadership.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
M-Quigley

Re: Ky church arming.

Post by M-Quigley »

AlanM wrote:Kentucky Pastor Asks Church Members To Bring Guns
A Kentucky pastor asked members to carry guns to Sunday service after church nearly became the target of a racially motivated shooting.

First Baptist Church of Jeffersontown said they’ve stepped up off-duty police security and also asked church members with former law enforcement or security backgrounds to carry guns for services and Bible studies.

“There are several people that will be positioned for this situation,” said Rev. Kevin Nelson, senior pastor at the church.

The church said it identified about seven people thus far who are allowed to carry weapons. They will allow others with concealed carry permits to also bring guns into church, but they must notify church leadership.
What happens if they don't notify? I don't know how accurate it is, but a news source claims CC (with a permit) is legal in churches in Kentucky now, without having to have advance permission like in Ohio.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Ky church arming.

Post by catfish86 »

I am thinking any church that thinks hiring an off duty police officer is the answer is missing the boat in two ways..1) its expensive and likely limited...main service yeah, but what about weekday bible studies? 2) most can probably afford only one, who will be the first person shot.

The real answer is for regular congregants to be armed.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.