ID10T

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: ID10T

Post by M-Quigley »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
techmike wrote:"Almost every single person I’ve ever heard of with an AR-15 has been a mass murderer." — Nina Burleigh (@ninaburleigh)
A Newsweek writer. Incredible lack of logic, makes an indefensible, idiotic public statement and refuses to read comments from saner folk that take the time to correct her idiocy. https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/19/news ... ers-tweet/ I believe I will add her to my Christmas list.
"Has been a" as in past tense? It's been estimated that there are anywhere from 10-30 million AR's owned in the US. She's a reporter and she can't speak basic English?

Using her so called logic, Almost every single teacher I've ever heard of is a child sex predator. After all, whenever I hear about a teacher on the news, that is usually what is reported. :roll:
I think your way out of line with that comment of teachers being child sex predators.
And I would be, if I really believed that. (I used the rolleyes icon because there isn't a sarcasm icon) It is however absolutely true that almost every time I hear about a teacher in the news it's in reference to a teacher having sex with one of their students. The Newsweek writer is unfairly painting millions of AR owners over the actions of a few criminals. The teacher example happened to be in my mind at the time because a relative over Thanksgiving was commenting to me about a local (to them) news story about a teacher and asking what is wrong with teachers these days? (as if all teachers were doing something wrong?)
I wish I could've found an example using a reporter in the news, but I couldn't think of any. Reporters aren't usually a subject of a news story.

You don't like that unfair example, there are plenty of other unfair examples where millions of people are being unfairly painted over the actions of a few.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

3.2 million high school teachers wouldn't like your example also.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

carmen fovozzo wrote:3.2 million high school teachers wouldn't like your example also.
We could find a lot of police officers to use as examples...
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

carmen fovozzo wrote:3.2 million high school teachers wouldn't like your example also.
No group is going to like any example I give if I use their group as an example. I never said they were actually all bad, I said they were all bad IF I judged them simply by what I hear about them in the news and nothing else, which is exactly what the Newsweek reporter did.

I showed my example to a teacher relative of mine and she is fine with the example, not offended at all. I guess because she read the whole thing and she understands the context in which it was said.
Last edited by M-Quigley on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:
We could find a lot of police officers to use as examples...
Or one of my former professions, nursing. When I was in nursing, I rarely saw news stories about nurses, but when I did it was usually some nurse that either stole drugs or was sexually assaulting or even killing off their patients.

Like I said earlier, I wish I could've used reporters as an example, but when do you hear about reporters being the subject of a criminal news story?
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
techmike wrote:"Almost every single person I’ve ever heard of with an AR-15 has been a mass murderer." — Nina Burleigh (@ninaburleigh)
A Newsweek writer. Incredible lack of logic, makes an indefensible, idiotic public statement and refuses to read comments from saner folk that take the time to correct her idiocy. https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/19/news ... ers-tweet/ I believe I will add her to my Christmas list.
"Has been a" as in past tense? It's been estimated that there are anywhere from 10-30 million AR's owned in the US. She's a reporter and she can't speak basic English?

Using her so called logic, Almost every single teacher I've ever heard of is a child sex predator. After all, whenever I hear about a teacher on the news, that is usually what is reported. :roll:
I think your way out of line with that comment of teachers being child sex predators.
Carmen, I believe that he was being facetious.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

This Forum is changing and not for the better..to much trash...
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:This Forum is changing and not for the better..to much trash...
You're missing the reducto ad absurdium element of his statement.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

schmieg wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:This Forum is changing and not for the better..to much trash...
You're missing the reducto ad absurdium element of his statement.
I can't remember the last time I reductode my absurdism...
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Hold on for a reply. I'm looking these big words up in the dictionary.