PD/CLE.com gnashing of teeth over state preemption

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

PD/CLE.com gnashing of teeth over state preemption

Post by rickt »

The Plain Dealer web site is really full of it today with multiple articles about how terrible state preemption is.

https://topics.cleveland.com/tag/gun-control/
Bruenor

Re: PD/CLE.com gnashing of teeth over state preemption

Post by Bruenor »

Saw a commenter on one article, I think sarcastically stating, that the state had taken away the Ohio cities 'gun control rights' as if that were a thing.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

In 2006, the state's rural legislators rewrote the laws for urban areas where most of the gun murders occur. In doing so, they wiped away dozens of municipal ordinances enacted by cities like Cleveland.
Well, damn those ignorant hayseeds what don't know nuthin' 'bout nuthin'... :roll:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I love it. Hope all those rural legislator get re-elected and stick it to those liberal cities.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Never saw the phrase "urban gun control" used so frequently. Are they implying that the "communerty" needs different reg-u-lation than them there hicks down south of Mansfield do ???!?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Someone should point out to the citizens of those cities that their leaders don't trust them, hence the attempts to control them versus the rural areas where people are trustworthy and gubmint doesn't need to control as much. It has nothing to do with state preemption, just city population control.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

docachna wrote:Never saw the phrase "urban gun control" used so frequently. Are they implying that the "communerty" needs different reg-u-lation than them there hicks down south of Mansfield do ???!?
Just substitute "invidiously racist gun control". They're the same thing.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

The article speaks of the cities right to make its own laws.

The government doesn't have any rights. It has powers granted to it, and those powers can be terminated.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

If the 2nd Amendment means something different in Cleveland than it does in Eastlake, does the 13th mean something different in Cleveland than it does in Parma?

Can Seven Hills institute "common sense Nuremberg Laws"...?
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

deanimator wrote:If the 2nd Amendment means something different in Cleveland than it does in Eastlake, does the 13th mean something different in Cleveland than it does in Parma?

Can Seven Hills institute "common sense Nuremberg Laws"...?
Remember Pelosi's comment when asked if Obamacare was Constitutional: "What does the Constitution have to do with anything?"

Same mindset here.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Inherent and ignored in their rants about the need for different gun laws in cities rather than rural areas is racism. Pure and simple. Who do you see in cities that you don't see in rural Ohio? Black people. So of course we need to control the blacks and keep them from owning guns...is that what the Cleveland Plain Dealer is saying? I would post a comment about this to the articles but my posting has been disabled by the Plain Dealer.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

catfish86 wrote:Inherent and ignored in their rants about the need for different gun laws in cities rather than rural areas is racism. Pure and simple. Who do you see in cities that you don't see in rural Ohio? Black people. So of course we need to control the blacks and keep them from owning guns...is that what the Cleveland Plain Dealer is saying? I would post a comment about this to the articles but my posting has been disabled by the Plain Dealer.
The history of gun control in North America is the history of violent White supremacism and the effort of its proponents to create for themselves a "safe working environment".

No Klansman ever went to a lynching where he wasn't sure who was going to end up dead.