Hunter in truck shot by dog in back seat

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Hunter in truck shot by dog in back seat

Post by Bruenor »

Don't let your dog play with your loaded firearms.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... truck.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A dog accidentally shot his owner in the back by stepping on the trigger of a shotgun while on a hunting trip in New Mexico.

Sonny Gilligan, 74, was sitting in the driver's seat of his parked pickup truck west of Las Cruces last week when his dog Charlie - a 120lb Rottweiler mix - got his paw stuck in the trigger of a gun.

'I leaned forward and he slipped off the seat and caught the trigger — and it shot,' Gilligan told the El Paso Times. 'It was a freak accident but it’s true, that’s what happened.'
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Hunter in truck shot by dog in back seat

Post by WY_Not »

Been discussing this elsewhere. NOT an accident, this was negligence. At the very least, the bolt should have been opened and the round removed from the chamber.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

See? It is the weapon that's at fault, not the individual! Lest we start blaming dogs. Or make them take the hunter safety course.

Or place blame where it belongs.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

This gets headlines as the "man bites dog" variety...but the post should read Hunter in truck shot by his own stupidity
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

Let's not be too quick blaming the dog, I saw a guy take a 7mm to the leg and he was alone in the car. Never could figure out what in the back seat got to the trigger. I hope the dog is being quite until his attorney shows up.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Well, the dog was in the back seat so we know he wasn't riding shotgun.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

AlanM wrote:Well, the dog was in the back seat so we know he wasn't riding shotgun.
Good one! :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George