FBI Report on Active Shooter Incidents 2016 and 2017

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

FBI Report on Active Shooter Incidents 2016 and 2017

Post by High Power »

The FBI focused only on 50 active shooter incidents. Here is their criteria for defining an active shooter incident. Emphasis is mine:
As with past FBI active shooter-related publications, this report does not encompass all gun-related situations. Rather, it focuses on a specific type of shooting situation. The FBI defines an active shooter as one or more individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. Implicit in this definition is the shooter’s use of one or more firearms. The active aspect of the definition inherently implies that both law enforcement personnel and citizens have the potential to affect the outcome of the event based upon their responses to the situation.
From page 5 of the report:
In four incidents, citizens possessing valid firearms permits successfully stopped the shooter. In two incidents, citizens exchanged gunfire with the shooter. In two incidents, the citizens held theshooter at gunpoint until law enforcement arrived. In one incident, a citizen possessing a valid firearms permit exchanged gunfire with the shooter,causing the shooter to flee to another scene and continue shooting.
From the conclusion on page 8 of the report. Emphasis is mine:
Armed and unarmed citizens engaged the shooter in 10 incidents. They safely and successfully ended the shootings in eight of those incidents. Their selfless actions likely saved many lives.
The enhanced threat posed by active shooters and the swiftness with which active shooter incidents unfold support the importance of preparation by law enforcement officers and citizens alike.
You can read and/or download the entire report here:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/act ... 7.pdf/view

As usual, don't expect the libtards to be persuaded by the facts as their minds are already made up.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
AlanM

Re: FBI Report on Active Shooter Incidents 2016 and 2017

Post by AlanM »

Here's another take on the FBI data:

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

This article was updated on 10/28/18.
After seeing John Lott from the Crime Prevention Research Center publish a rebuttal to a recent FBI report on Active Shooter events I decided to dive deeper into the data and do some analysis of my own. WARNING, this is a long article/report with a lot of images but I am confident it is worth your time!
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.