AR-15 pistol brace and the BATFE

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

AR-15 pistol brace and the BATFE

Post by Sevens »

Looks like the BATFE went after an Ohio man for possessing an AR pistol with a pistol brace and angled foregrip. :!:

https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/10/28/a ... t-be-next/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most realize that ATF "letters" are merely some particular ATF lackie's opinion at any given moment and don't carry the weight of law. This story is something to keep an eye on.

Mr. Wright was acquitted but I'll bet it wasn't an enjoyable experience.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
ArmedAviator

Re: AR-15 pistol brace and the BATFE

Post by ArmedAviator »

So basically he had an AR-15 pistol with a brace and an AFG that both had letters of interpretation from the ATF, from my understanding. The prosecution asked to have the jury overlook the ATF's interpretation of the law regarding these attachments.

The jury found him not guilty. Unfortunately it likely cost him a lot of money and will power to not take a plea deal.

What I am more curious about is why the BATFE went after this man in the first place. Was he up to no good and those charges didn't stick? I suspect it was a case of "sunk cost fallacy."

You can only beat them with mass disobedience. I have my AR pistols set up with SBA3 pistol braces. I will continue to use them as stocks. The ATF can watch all they want.

In other news, there's a weird black van been parked outside my house for a week now......
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin