A Good Guy with a gun stops a shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

drc

A Good Guy with a gun stops a shooting

Post by drc »

A Good Guy with a gun stops a shooting at a McDonalds.
A brave dad armed with a pistol stopped what could have been a mass shooting Saturday inside an Alabama McDonald's when he took down a masked gunman who had stormed in and opened fire.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-mcdo ... n-shootout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DoubleK

Re: A Good Guy with a gun stops a shooting

Post by DoubleK »

Yea but he got his son shot in the process. Safeguarding the family needs to come first.
drc

Post by drc »

I do believe that is what he did. How can you say that the perp wouldn't have shot him or his son had he tried getting the family out the door ? The perp was shooting first.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

This says it all
“He’s my hero. Because I can only imagine how it would’ve went if he wasn’t armed. We might not be here having this interview,” Washington said.
Strangley, although there has been frequent coverage of the Pittsburgh shooting on my local TV station, absolutely zip about this story. :?:
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

M-Quigley wrote:This says it all
“He’s my hero. Because I can only imagine how it would’ve went if he wasn’t armed. We might not be here having this interview,” Washington said.
Strangley, although there has been frequent coverage of the Pittsburgh shooting on my local TV station, absolutely zip about this story. :?:
This isn't surprising. When most newspapers and national news outlets are liberal, covering this story really doesn't fit their agenda. And they resist pushing pro-gun stories.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

After someone commiting an alleged crime is shot, you sometimes hear "He was just starting to turn his life around."

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2018 ... r-old.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Court records show Sanders pleaded guilty in July to possession of marijuana and carrying a pistol without a license. He entered the plea after taking part in The Dannon Project program. During his time in the program, according to a letter on file from a court advocate, Sanders completed a mental toughness program orientation and started several occupational training classes, including success lab courses and financial literacy. He had decided to pursue certification in forklift operation.

“Because of his compliance and dedication in our program, we are happy and eager to report…that Mr. Sanders has demonstrated a propensity of progressive success and law-abiding citizentry,’’ reads a letter to the judges in Sanders’ cases. “When our nation formulates plans to reduce recidivism and enable second changes, Antonio Sanders' post incarceration journey is the example all similarly situated participants should emulate.”

Sanders was given probation, but records show a judge had revoked his probation on Monday, before Sanders had been identified as the person killed over the weekend. The reason for the revocation was not immediately available.
If any of this is actually true he should've kept on doing it instead of going into a McDonalds and start shooting at people.
"Right now it appears the victim made a decision that cost his life and the father made a decision that preserved his and children’s' life,'' Shelton said.