man sentenced for buying a gun for a prohibited person

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

man sentenced for buying a gun for a prohibited person

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/years-f ... n7DRDjxiK/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
COLUMBUS, Ohio — An Ohio man was sentenced to five years in prison Thursday for providing the gun used in a shooting that killed two police officers this year.

Prosecutors had sought the five-year prison term for defendant Gerald Lawson, saying Lawson knew that Quentin Smith, his lifelong friend, had a violent past that prohibited him from buying or owning a gun.
Defense attorneys wanted six months of house arrest, followed by three years of probation.
No jail time, when the sale enabled the killer to kill 2 people? All the ads say, "Don't lie for the other guy" and if you do you could get 10 years? Meanwhile a guy who bought an automatic weapon 3 decades ago and hadn't murdered anyone with it gets 7 years?
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: man sentenced for buying a gun for a prohibited person

Post by Javelin Man »

He received justice and nothing less. What did the fellow who pulled the trigger receive?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
GlockMan27

Post by GlockMan27 »

Javelin Man wrote:He received justice and nothing less. What did the fellow who pulled the trigger receive?
I believe the case against the shooter has yet to go to trial.
ruger

Post by ruger »

The guy who supplied the firearm was sentenced to 5 years in federal prison. Why did you say that he got no jail time ?

I’m confused .
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

ruger wrote:The guy who supplied the firearm was sentenced to 5 years in federal prison. Why did you say that he got no jail time ?

I’m confused .
I read that "no jail time" comment to be in reference to what the defense attorney wanted. Apparently the judge disagreed and gave him 5 years.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WestonDon wrote:
ruger wrote:The guy who supplied the firearm was sentenced to 5 years in federal prison. Why did you say that he got no jail time ?

I’m confused .
I read that "no jail time" comment to be in reference to what the defense attorney wanted. Apparently the judge disagreed and gave him 5 years.
Yes, that was exactly what I was commenting on. Did the attorney seriously think that was remotely going to happen under the circumstances?
ruger

Post by ruger »

Gotcha. I got it now.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

For the record, the shooter is up for the death penalty, trial to come in the future.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.