Victim with gun 1, alleged robber with Bowie Knife 0

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Victim with gun 1, alleged robber with Bowie Knife 0

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.indexjournal.com/news/crime/ ... 9ac8b.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greenwood police heard multiple gunshots at about 3:30 a.m. Friday, according to a report, and soon after learned someone had been taken to Self Regional Medical Center’s emergency room with gunshot wounds to the right hand and the face, according to a report.

Officers went and spoke with the man, who said he had been shot in the area of White Oak Lane and Cokesbury Road. Officers searched the area, but couldn’t find a crime scene. The man drove himself to the emergency room, and the car he had been in had blood all along the driver’s side, with a large, bloody Bowie knife on the floorboard, the report said.

Through an anonymous tipster, police learned the man in the hospital had tried to rob someone in the area of White Oak Lane, and the person he tried to rob shot him in self-defense, said Greenwood Police Department Public Information Officer Jonathan Link.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Victim with gun 1, alleged robber with Bowie Knife 0

Post by catfish86 »

Interesting that the shooter/robbery victim did not come forward? Was he afraid of the legal repurcussions as to being interrogated about a justified shooting and the stress of whether or not he would be believed? Did this guy attempt to rob a drug dealer with a knife only to find the dealer amused by the question of why would you bring a knife to a gun fight?
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
High Power

Post by High Power »

I wonder how a person could be charged with [attempted] robbery when the police don’t have a victim.

The 6th Amendment also gives the accused the right to confront witnesses against them. The only witness is an anonymous tipster. If the tipster remains anonymous and, therefore does not testify, how can the man with two bullet holes be convicted?

If nobody comes forth to accuse him or testify against him, then he could probably claim victim status because someone shot him.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

The limited information in the story was confusing to me also. I tried to find a different source to get more details but couldn't find anything else on it yet.
It's possible the police used the anonymous tip to locate the victim and then the victim pressed charges after being interviewed by police. As to why the alleged victim didn't come forward right away there are any number of possibilities.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I wonder what the heck this guy got shot with. Looks like he got hit with a load of birdshot. Or is that a snake load for a snake?

On another note, I can understand the temptation to just slip away into the night after a SD shooting if you can get away with it. It sure would decomplicate your life.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Maybe shooter is a prohibited person.
You never know.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.