Annual Cleveland gun "buy back" Saturday 10/20

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Annual Cleveland gun "buy back" Saturday 10/20

Post by rickt »

Those bringing in hand guns get a $100 gift certificate for food or gas, while semi-automatic weapons nab $200. Other guns can be turned in as well, but will not receive compensation.
https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-he ... s-saturday
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Annual Cleveland gun "buy back" Saturday 10/20

Post by steves 50de »

Did not pick up one gun last time. This place is on a divided road and not easy to get people to stop in the street to work a deal.
No place to get cars to pull in before the police station. I may just grow a set and go in the police parking lot this time 8) ,.... it will be interesting to see how long before they kick me out. :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

So what if you have a Raven or Jennings .25 auto handgun that is semi automatic? And nothing for a pump action shotgun or lever action rifle? After all, criminals have to dispose of those weapons without any prosecution too. :roll:
drc

Post by drc »

Back around 1993/4 after I had met my wife, I found out one of the uncles had a Lugar and field glasses he took off a dead SS officer. A couple months later the other uncle told us he turned it in on one of these deals for $75.00. My wife wouldn't let me tell him he flushed a minimum of $1000.00 down the toilet and that gun probably never made it to the scrap man.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Anybody going up there from the Fremont area? I have a very cheap Bulldog I bought for pennies just for a buyback like this.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Got me a Jennings to get off the streets.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Picked up a 410 bolt action shotgun for 40 bucks. The law ran me off once they figured out my truck was parked on city property. It only took 12 drive by and an hour and a half for them to come to that conclusion. Stopped on street got out and asked for id i informed of chl he said ok. I said nice talking to you i'am leaving now. :roll: :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Here's the follow up article which says some WWI and WWII relics were turned in.

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/news/err ... d-for.html
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I was able to save a Polish P64 yesterday.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

pirateguy191 wrote:I was able to save a Polish P64 yesterday.
I have two. Did you know they are not drop safe?

http://www.p64resource.com/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=3942
smokewagon

Post by smokewagon »

I saw an m1 Garand on top the pile on ch8. What idiot gave that up for $100? Depending on a few factors you could get $750 minimum on it. Maybe $1100 if it's in good shape. Why cant I find these people.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

rickt wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:I was able to save a Polish P64 yesterday.
I have two. Did you know they are not drop safe?

http://www.p64resource.com/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=3942
That's a questionable statement if you read through a couple pages of the comments.

502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

smokewagon wrote:I saw an m1 Garand on top the pile on ch8. What idiot gave that up for $100? Depending on a few factors you could get $750 minimum on it. Maybe $1100 if it's in good shape. Why cant I find these people.
I was up there with my Dad getting rid of a junk gun (I won't say what it was) I gave him a $100 for the other gun he had that I thought was worth saving...anyways I thought I was imagining what I saw when the car next to us handed over that M1 Garand and the officer carried it over to the building :shock:
Nothing to see here...move along.