Apartment invader shot in self defense

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Apartment invader shot in self defense

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/deadl ... /850547915" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is despite the apartment dweller allegedly going outside to confront the person.
Donald Lee Blakney, 29, was shot and killed during a break-in at an apartment, officers said.

The occupant woke up went outside and confronted the suspect when they got into a scuffle and the occupant shot and killed Blakney.

"I was walking into the living room from the bedroom, and I heard a muffled noise that I thought could have been a shot," resident Dewain Cherry said.

Cherry heard more shots fired.

"There were two more shots that were extremely loud and scared me and I dialed 911," Cherry said.

Police said it appears to be a case of self-defense, even though Blakney was not armed. A firearms expert said that is state law.

"If you're attacked by someone, say he's breaking in your house and he comes at you and attacks you, you've got a right to use deadly force right then," said Larry Hyatt, with Hyatt Guns.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Apartment invader shot in self defense

Post by Gramps »

M-Quigley wrote:https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/deadl ... /850547915

This is despite the apartment dweller allegedly going outside to confront the person.
Donald Lee Blakney, 29, was shot and killed during a break-in at an apartment, officers said.

The occupant woke up went outside and confronted the suspect when they got into a scuffle and the occupant shot and killed Blakney.

"I was walking into the living room from the bedroom, and I heard a muffled noise that I thought could have been a shot," resident Dewain Cherry said.

Cherry heard more shots fired.

"There were two more shots that were extremely loud and scared me and I dialed 911," Cherry said.

Police said it appears to be a case of self-defense, even though Blakney was not armed. A firearms expert said that is state law.

"If you're attacked by someone, say he's breaking in your house and he comes at you and attacks you, you've got a right to use deadly force right then," said Larry Hyatt, with Hyatt Guns.
Don't sound right to me but I don't live in N.C.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <