Dart train shooting considered self defense

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Dart train shooting considered self defense

Post by M-Quigley »

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/09/13/dar ... f-defense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – After arresting a man for shooting another rider aboard a DART train Wednesday evening, a DART spokesman said Thursday they released the shooter after finding he acted in self defense.

DART spokesman Morgan Lyons said, “After talking with some of the witnesses, talking to the person who did the shooting, we decided not to file charges. However, this has been referred to the Dallas grand jury.”
Robert Larash said he takes DART several times a week and defends Skinner. “If you feel your life is threatened, and you have a concealed carry permit, your life is on the line, you got to do what you got to do I guess.”

Another DART rider, Phantazia Garrett agreed. “Self defense, then I believe that he should just go free. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.”

At the time of the shooting, DART says there was not a security officer aboard the train.

Garrett said, “They need to be on there more often because if someone was on there, then it would never have happened.”

Lyons said the agency is getting closer to having either a police officer, or a security officer, or a fare enforcement officer aboard each train.

And just this week, Lyons said the transit agency presented its board a plan to boost officer presence on their trains and buses even further. “That would actually provide additional coverage so if an officer had to leave a train for some reason, there would be some additional support to keep some presence aboard the train.”

Brian D.

Re: Dart train shooting considered self defense

Post by Brian D. »

They're getting closer to having a police officer, security officer, or fare enforcement officer on each train, according to the spokesperson. So, we can assume the police officer would be armed, but what about the other two groups?

Public transportation bleeds money as it is, most times. Having a cop on each bus, train, streetcar, etc. takes that to exsanguination levels of bleeding.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

M-Quigley wrote:https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/09/13/dar ... f-defense/
Another DART rider, Phantazia Garrett agreed. “Self defense, then I believe that he should just go free. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.”
I'm heartened to hear this mindset prevail.

We know that there are those who would actively deny people the Right to physically defend themselves. If the Kav circus taught us anything, it should be that many of the same people would actively deny people the Right to a legal defense. There's a certain twisted logic that one can follow via identity politics/tribalism arriving at these conclusions.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

This it what I thought of when I read 'Dart Train'. It used to be in a real railroad caboose.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dart ... 3029847255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.