former Cleveland cop who shot Tamir Rice has new LE job

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

former Cleveland cop who shot Tamir Rice has new LE job

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/officer ... Qss4oqZQK/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's part time in a village of 4000 that is 150 miles away from Cleveland.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: former Cleveland cop who shot Tamir Rice has new LE job

Post by catfish86 »

What could go wrong?
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Or not..

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.s ... kille.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The former Cleveland police officer who fatally shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice has backed out of taking a part-time job with an Ohio police department that recently agreed to hire him.
Jeff Follmer, the president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association union that represents rank-and-file officers, also confirmed that Loehmann decided not to take the job. Follmer cited "political pressure" as the reason Loehmann decided to rescind his application.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Don't think he can go any more low key than that getting back into police work. That's a small town on the Ohio River I barely remember driving through.

Maybe a deputy job where the whole county has a population of 4,000. Of course, they don't have many patrol officers, normally.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

What is scary as this sinks in, is this police chief thought it was a good idea to hire this guy. Whether you think he should have been charged or not, I find it hard to believe anybody could watch that tape and think, "Gee whiz, wouldn't it be neat to work with that guy".

The guy was fired from the Independence police force because his supervisor felt he was a danger at the range and not able to control his emotions.

He shot and killed a civilian child under controversial circumstances, the publicity of which brought to light that he had lied on his application which resulted in his firing.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Chicago, New Orleans and Canton are probably fighting over him as we speak.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.