KSU open carry walk brings counter-demontrators

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

KSU open carry walk brings counter-demontrators

Post by rickt »

Counter-demonstrators shouted anti-Trump chants and called the gun rights marchers "fascists." Some counter-demonstrators even came wearing bandannas over their faces.
https://fox8.com/2018/09/29/kent-states ... nstration/
M-Quigley

Re: KSU open carry walk brings counter-demontrators

Post by M-Quigley »

The link says four were arrested for disorderly conduct, I'm assuming they were all the counter protesters and not any of the open carriers?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote:The link says four were arrested for disorderly conduct, I'm assuming they were all the counter protesters and not any of the open carriers?
According to a couple OC advocate friends, you're correct.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

M-Quigley wrote:The link says four were arrested for disorderly conduct, I'm assuming they were all the counter protesters and not any of the open carriers?
No doubt, because if it were the open carriers THAT would have been the headline.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

One of the ANTIFA terrorist that was arrested was open carrying a handgun in a shoulder holster. Would that have any effect on the charges?

They get off way to easy with disorderly conduct charges in my opinion.

Looks like under ORC 2917.11 (E) (3) They should be charged with a 4th degree misdemeanor.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2917.11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Is anyone who attended, and a member here, going to give us the scoop on just what happened there?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

troy bilt wrote:One of the ANTIFA terrorist that was arrested was open carrying a handgun in a shoulder holster. Would that have any effect on the charges?

They get off way to easy with disorderly conduct charges in my opinion.

Looks like under ORC 2917.11 (E) (3) They should be charged with a 4th degree misdemeanor.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2917.11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So someone is openly carrying while counter protesting with proponents of open carry? Talk about hypocritical.