female mass shooter at Rite Aid distribution center

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

female mass shooter at Rite Aid distribution center

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/national/mary ... J3hmpb2EP/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even though all the facts aren't in regarding the shooter and how the glock handgun was obtained, etc, (it was registered to the shooter) it still hasn't stopped the anti gun side from playing politics and suggesting a new congress could pass some unknown gun control law which would have any effect on these types of shootings in any way whatsoever. :( The one change that might have a chance sometimes in reducing the casualty count is something many businesses won't allow. :( Who was it that said insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? That's exactly what most businesses do when it comes to their policies r/t employees and ccw. :(
The shooting marked the third reported workplace shooting in two days, a situation that former U.S. Rep Gabby Giffords said “should spark outrage in every American.” Giffords was shot in the head in 2011 in an attempted assassination.

“No matter where you work, learn, play or live -- you have a right to feel safe, and I’m horrified that that’s no longer the reality in America,” she said. “If gun violence feels like it’s become an everyday occurrence, that’s because it is.”

She urged lawmakers and voters to address the shootings with stronger gun laws.

Three workplace active shooting attacks in just the last 24 hours should spark outrage in every American. No matter where you work, learn, play, or live — you have a right to feel safe, and I’m horrified that that’s no longer the reality in America.
— Gabrielle Giffords (@GabbyGiffords) September 20, 2018

If gun violence feels like it's become an everyday occurrence, that's because it is. Every single day, nearly 100 lives are lost because of guns. But every time you hear news of another shooting, remind yourself that this level of gun violence is not normal.

This is a problem we can solve, but first we need leaders who will fight for solutions. That’s why I’m doing everything I can to elect a new Congress with the courage to pass stronger gun laws. I urge every voter to stand with me. When we vote together, we will save lives.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: female mass shooter at Rite Aid distribution center

Post by WhyNot »

The next supposed (pronounced for this comment as suppose-ED) 'outrage' will be, they called the her shooter a gunman . Will be decried as a sexist stereotype typer typist ist.

GabbyCry, ''We must step up! The next congress will right these wrongs, we need speech regulation !! She was a gunwoman! How much longer must we suffer under this....''
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WhyNot wrote:The next supposed (pronounced for this comment as suppose-ED) 'outrage' will be, they called the her shooter a gunman . Will be decried as a sexist stereotype typer typist ist.

...'
Slow yer roll...she/he may like being called a dude...
Moseley had multiple outstanding tickets for registration violations and a lack of insurance, and just last week, the courts were asked for permission to take the outstanding fines to trial.

But tickets were not her only problems - Coley told the Baltimore Sun Moseley had come out to her family as transgender in December 2016 and wanted to begin hormone therapy.

At present, it is not known if she did commence hormone therapy, or if Moseley, known to friends as 'Sno', used male or female pronouns.

Coley and Moseley were intending to create a documentary on Moseley's life before she died, based off a manuscript the Rite Aid worker had written.

Other friends paid tribute to her on social media, claiming she had been consumed by mental illness and had reached out for help multiple times before shooting at her colleagues.

One friend, who asked to remain anonymous, told the Sun he was at first appalled to hear about the shooting, but immediately felt heartbroken when he discovered who was behind it.

'It’s catastrophic,' he said. 'She did a terrible thing, but I feel for her.

'The first thing you think is, "This person is horrible," because you have a bias. But knowing someone, I believe everyone is human. Everyone is going through something.'
One does wonder what swirl of chemicals were in the system...
=================================
Suicide attempts are alarmingly common among transgender individuals such as Lampe; 41% try to kill themselves at some point in their lives, compared with 4.6% of the general public. The numbers come from a study by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Williams Institute, which analyzed results from the National Transgender Discrimination Survey. Researchers are preparing to launch another version of the online survey on Wednesday.

More than a dozen other surveys of transgender people worldwide since 2001 have found similarly high rates, and the problem has grown more visible since Caitlyn Jenner's coming out raised awareness about transgender health issues overall.
Not exactly a tenable lifestyle...
========================================

Let us count the ways that this event does not square with the common narrative
-Not an angry white dude
-No Ar-15
-Not a person who would instantly fall into the "Trump voter" category
-Not a person who would seem to be a religious zealot.
-Not an illegally obtained weapon
-Probably a gun free zone
-presumably the workplace didn't hassle this individual (any more than the common employee/employer relationship)

Hence, there has been a notable silence from the usual screechers.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Now contrast the coverage in the link above with this so called news source, noting the stuff left out and the stuff put in. It puts an entirely different spin on the story. :roll:

https://www.whio.com/news/aberdeen-shoo ... hAdcBxZHP/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Myles Nelson, who attended Overlea High School with Moseley from 2007 to 2011, told The Washington Post that “from what I can remember she was very laid back. I don’t remember her having problems with anyone.”

Moseley didn’t have a criminal record, the Baltimore County Sheriff’s Office said. The Glock 9mm weapon used in the shooting was registered to Moseley, the Sun reported. According to online court records, Moseley was stopped three times by Baltimore County police. She was ticketed for not having current registration plates, having a suspended registration, failing to update her address with the department of motor vehicles, and not having insurance.
According to the New York Post, Moseley described herself on social media as a quiet person with a “to myself type of personality.” On her Facebook page, she said her favorite Bible verse was “an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” the newspaper reported.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The cited NY Post story LEADS with the "law of retribution"! (It's the headline)
No mention of her rejection of heterosexualnormativity.
Yeah, verily, they are attempting to paint "her" is a "quiet" bible thumper?
Everyone saying she was in a "bad mood", "wanted to pick a fight".

Very rich.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798