Hollywood is getting goofier everyday

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tactical_swizz

Hollywood is getting goofier everyday

Post by tactical_swizz »

I know this isn't really "In The News", but I wasn't sure where exactly I should post this thread. Have any of you guys seen the trailer for this new movie called "Armed"? I was on YouTube this morning listening to some Louder with Crowder and this trailer came up as an ad. Looks like Hollywood is going to try to push the anti gun narrative with this one. It looks pretty ridiculous. What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnM8DFBKKC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
High Power

Re: Hollywood is getting goofier everyday

Post by High Power »

I watched the trailer. It's typical propaganda that is disguised as entertainment. What is noteworthy are the comments about the video. So far, there aren't that many but are mostly negative.

It will probably flop in Middle America but sell out in places like Los Angles, Chicago and New York City. The leftists critics will rave about it. Which means it is a POS.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

What agenda....
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... gun-919719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"We pulled from a lot of things around us,” Van Peebles tells The Hollywood Reporter, noting the real-life inspiration of the scenes ranged from the current debate of having people on no-fly lists being able to buy guns to the 2013 shootout in Big Bear, Calif., involving fired police officer Christopher Dorner.

“The character that I play is the guy that could be considered quite dangerous," says Van Peebles. "And he’s able to get all these weapons. And one of the questions that we ask is the question of who do we allow to have weapons.”

Van Peebles says he’s not making a preachy film — “It’s not a political movie but a thriller,” he says — but the pic will have appearances by activist and commentator Van Jones and political commentator Roland Martin, who explain gun laws and gun history in the U.S.

The actor believes that Hollywood could effect some change on gun control, even if it were to take time.

“We went from the Huckstables to Obama, from Will & Grace to gay marriage. We can make cinema that makes people think,” says Van Peebles.

He adds: “We have people getting killed by toddlers — it’s hard not to be for some kind of gun control.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Standard propaganda.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can