South Africa Orders 300,000 Gun Owners to Turn Over Weapons

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

South Africa Orders 300,000 Gun Owners to Turn Over Weapons

Post by High Power »

From the article:
Many naïve political observers will paint this event as a casual gun control scheme, but any astute student of politics will recognize that the floodgates are now open for further encroachments – not only on the gun rights of South Africans, but also on others facets of theirs lives.
From countries such as Cuba to the Soviet Union, aspiring demagogues have used gun confiscation to disarm the populace. Logically, an unarmed populace will put up little resistance against their tyrannical acts.

In South Africa’s case, farmers and their workers are already suffering ongoing attacks against their property. One could only imagine what it would be like for these persecuted farmers once they are stripped of their right to self-defense.
I should not have to tell anyone on this forum what life would be like for us if this were to happen in the US.

Here's the article: https://theduran.com/south-africa-calls ... r-weapons/
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: South Africa Orders 300,000 Gun Owners to Turn Over Weap

Post by bignflnut »

High Power wrote: I should not have to tell anyone on this forum what life would be like for us if this were to happen in the US.
California, NJ, NY and others are well along their way, without any type of revolution.
We've accepted a functional ban of automatic weapons in previous generations.
The courts are now debating the legality of carrying outside the home.
And, above all, we're "law abiding" folks, aren't we?
Credit South Africa with transparency.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
drc

Post by drc »

This situation is becoming more pronounced with the South African National Assembly recently voting 241-83 to amend the South African constitution to allow for land expropriation without compensation.
This is how the ones in power always do it. The newcomers to the N. American continent essentially did it to the Native Americans. This is how the Communists that are trying to get in power in the US will do it here if people let them. Sure, our system is rigged in favor of the rich, but for the most part this doesn't happen here, with a few exceptions.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

South Africa has already called for forcible land seizure from white farmers and the land to be given to black citizens.
Sounds like the Rhodesian wars again..
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

White people are a small minority in S.A. but they comprise the majority of gun owners. That is exactly what S.A.'s repressive gun laws were designed to accomplish.

I think if I lived there I would begin quietly converting my assets into something portable and making some transportation arrangements.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

WestonDon wrote:i think if I lived there I would begin quietly converting my assets into something portable and making some transportation arrangements.
The problem is that if the South African government decided to follow the Zimbabwe scheme of land confiscation and redistribution the farmers get nothing while still being held responsible for the mortgages on their farms...which they will default on.
Nobody in their right mind will pay fair market value for arable farmland knowing it's going to get seized.
Land is one of those things that's hard to packup and take away.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Are you all saying that South Africa will descend into chaos and after the pestilence and famine occur that the U.N. and especially the U.S. will be called upon to provide humanitarian aid? :?:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
High Power

Post by High Power »

Javelin Man wrote:Are you all saying that South Africa will descend into chaos and after the pestilence and famine occur that the U.N. and especially the U.S. will be called upon to provide humanitarian aid? :?:
You're thinking logically. It's too bad that common sense is a flower that does not grow in some people's garden.

Here's a 17 minute video about the genocide taking place in South Africa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQv2l-P9IY

Here is an, over hour long, documentary on the seizure of white property and genocide in South Africa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_bDc7FfItk

Our SJWs and communists refuse to plant seeds of common sense in their gardens. They won't watch something like this as it will make their heads explode.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Remember, Confiscation follows Registration.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

"Law abiding" does not equate to blindly following the law. Heinlein expresses it quite well...

“I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
— Robert A. Heinlein

bignflnut wrote:
High Power wrote: I should not have to tell anyone on this forum what life would be like for us if this were to happen in the US.
California, NJ, NY and others are well along their way, without any type of revolution.
We've accepted a functional ban of automatic weapons in previous generations.
The courts are now debating the legality of carrying outside the home.
And, above all, we're "law abiding" folks, aren't we?
Credit South Africa with transparency.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I am going to be watching for the massacre
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

High Power wrote:From the article:
Many naïve political observers will paint this event as a casual gun control scheme, but any astute student of politics will recognize that the floodgates are now open for further encroachments – not only on the gun rights of South Africans, but also on others facets of theirs lives.
From countries such as Cuba to the Soviet Union, aspiring demagogues have used gun confiscation to disarm the populace. Logically, an unarmed populace will put up little resistance against their tyrannical acts.

In South Africa’s case, farmers and their workers are already suffering ongoing attacks against their property. One could only imagine what it would be like for these persecuted farmers once they are stripped of their right to self-defense.
I should not have to tell anyone on this forum what life would be like for us if this were to happen in the US.

They would have to kill 6 to 9 million here to accomplish that.
Black Rifles Matter
High Power

Post by High Power »

steves 50de wrote:
High Power wrote:From the article:

That would not stop someone like a "Stalin" from attempting that here. It's estimated that he was responsible for killing 3 to 9 million of his own people. Other estimates may be as high as 30 million.

The problem conservatives have is underestimating the ability and the determination of the leftists to get their own way. With that in mind, killing off gun owners would not bother them. They might even enjoy it.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

High Power wrote: The problem conservatives have is underestimating the ability and the determination of the leftists to get their own way. With that in mind, killing off gun owners would not bother them. They might even enjoy it.
Comment from a woman in the audience of a sheriff who talked about the comment of confiscating guns "from my cold dead hands" was
"I'll do it!"
High Power

Post by High Power »

M-Quigley wrote:
High Power wrote: The problem conservatives have is underestimating the ability and the determination of the leftists to get their own way. With that in mind, killing off gun owners would not bother them. They might even enjoy it.
Comment from a woman in the audience of a sheriff who talked about the comment of confiscating guns "from my cold dead hands" was
"I'll do it!"
Everyone has to remember this wannabe dictator. https://bigleaguepolitics.com/sheriff-c ... ead-hands/

Watch the video and listen to the applause that this guy receives. Yes, they would actually enjoy killing some, or all, of us to take away our freedoms.

Their resolve and determination should never be underestimated.

Back to the white farmers in South Africa. Does anyone care to guess how much a fast-track immigration program would last trying to get them here compared to the invaders on our southern border?